• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shootout in Lahore

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
8-)

There are also some Indian journalist and media people who follow the same journalism style as Zaid Hamid does so should I just start posting their articles just to create pointless debates.

Sanz, I think you are intelligent enough to understand that Zaid Hamid looks to target that specific small segment which is always ready to entertain conspiracy theories and he plays well to his audience. Rational thinking people should just ignore him and not even look at his garbage.
I am intelligent enough to know and recognize the likes of Zaid Hamid. The point is it is not just him, pretty much every news channel, here is one more :- YouTube - Attack on SriLankan team in Pakistan Lahore - Indian attack on Sri Lankan team - GEO TV reporter

Even The Great Imran Khan thinks that there is a Foreign Hand in this attack :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_utCCD4DEWc

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
I am intelligent enough to know and recognize the likes of Zaid Hamid. The point is it is not just him, pretty much every news channel, here is one more :- YouTube - Attack on SriLankan team in Pakistan Lahore - Indian attack on Sri Lankan team - GEO TV reporter
Wow, that's really rather scary. Just blaming India wholesale for the attack without any evidence? It's completely ****ed up.

If that's the way majority of Pakistanis think, I don't forsee a century without major war in the subcontinent.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Wow, that's really rather scary. Just blaming India wholesale for the attack without any evidence? It's completely ****ed up.

If that's the way majority of Pakistanis think, I don't forsee a century without major war in the subcontinent.
:lol: at the irony.

Xuhaib

International Coach
You want to know the Irony ? Even when a Pakistani news channel wants to criticize its leadership, it starts with an Indian - YouTube - Kal Tak 4th March 2009.wmv
Sanz you are just a troll who is looking at opportunities at starting India- Pakistan debates and spoils the atmosphere of these forums.. I have stated previously that I don't want to get engaged in another India-Pakistan pissing contests as it leads to pointless debates and mud slinging.

If India is being treated as one the suspects in the investigations so what harm in that? given the history of India-Pakistan relations there is a possibility no matter how unlikely.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
I'm really really disapointed with the statements coming from the Pakistan Officials. If anything those making the statements should be banned for being insensitive pigs.

No wonder Pakistan is in such a mess, when anyone with any pull uses their media airtime to insult the victims of terrorism and go into denial mode, rather than take the unique opportunity to rally for togerthness and peace.

What I've heard from Pakistan since the incident I believe has done as much harm to their chances of hosting cricket again as the incident itself. The most important things for these spokesman over the last couple of days have been denial for the sake of national pride and attack any critism so to pander to the violent minority which stands over that country with such devastating effect. All this vitriol is just pushing Pak further and further into the cesspit the terrorists wanted and further alienating those watching on who want to be friends.

I just see this as an appalling misuse of the media oppurtunity to do good.

Oh and please don't attack me for my misunderstanding of the Pak political situation etc, I know I have very little knowledge, but this is basically just a crazy rant to vent what I feel has been pretty poor taste from some spokesman.

cheers

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sanz you are just a troll who is looking at opportunities at starting India- Pakistan debates and spoils the atmosphere of these forums.. I have stated previously that I don't want to get engaged in another India-Pakistan pissing contests as it leads to pointless debates and mud slinging.

If India is being treated as one the suspects in the investigations so what harm in that? given the history of India-Pakistan relations there is a possibility no matter how unlikely.
How do you state suspicions without proof?

And Pak did not accept it was their own people when the bloody terrorist's father accepted it back during the 26/11 atrocity...

I understand why most laymen will look at India with suspicion when something like this happens but for guys to be going on public forums about it and almost at a semi-official level saying words like "foreign hand" and "neighbours" doesn't bode well..

Look, I am not aware of the past and who did what. But I KNOW what happened after Mumbai. We gave the bloody evidence... And your Government still denied it. And it was proved wrong by the ****ing BBC.... Is this even comparable? Is there even the slightest HINT that some Indian/(s) are involved in this? Pretty neat to be talking about "foreign hands" and "neighbours" right now....

jeevan

International 12th Man

I just had a :laugh: at the prospect of Indian agents not just attacking a major target in Lahore in broad daylight, but then strolling through the streets in full view, guns in hand and all, and riding off while the sun is just about overhead.

Are you sure you want to subject your battered country to that imagery?

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
"a group of headstrong Lashkar activists" from the above article (post 845).

Is that term so as not to offend "our headstrong brothers".

If members of my community did these acts the local press would use terms like "a group of Psychopathic Murderers" or maybe "a group of radical criminal killers"

When the press feels the need to use soft words to pander to the perpetrators and their supporters, something is seriously wrong to a point where there is no foreseable getting better.

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
"a group of headstrong Lashkar activists" from the above article (post 845).

Is that term so as not to offend "our headstrong brothers".

If members of my community did these acts the local press would use terms like "a group of Psychopathic Murderers" or maybe "a group of radical criminal killers"

When the press feels the need to use soft words to pander to the perpetrators and their supporters, something is seriously wrong to a point where there is no foreseable getting better.
Yep. It's the same kinda **** that goes on in China - constant denial, sweeping things under the rug, tu quoque arguments, and blaming everyone and everything other than their own miscreants. I don't know whether it's a collective psychological issue, or merely bald-faced lies told with complete knowledge of the real situation.

adharcric

International Coach
Wow, just wow. When "educated" Pakistanis can be this delusional and ********, one begins to understand why the nation is in such deep ****.

masterblaster

International Captain
I just had a :laugh: at the prospect of Indian agents not just attacking a major target in Lahore in broad daylight, but then strolling through the streets in full view, guns in hand and all, and riding off while the sun is just about overhead.

Are you sure you want to subject your battered country to that imagery?
I so agree with this. So these guys are Indian agents who look like poor, young Pakistani students in ethnic suits riding casually on their bicycles with guns off into the sunset. What an absolutely absurd suggestion.

The country of Pakistan continues to live in denial, no wonder the situation has become so bad in that country. Lets continue to sweep everything under the carpet while continuing to cultivate terrorist activity. Being run by a bunch of corrupt officials, a lack of education and fundamentalism will get the country absolutely no where.

Craig

World Traveller
We should have a 'fit and proper person's' test to deterime if an individual is fit to run a cricket board, well bye bye ZCU and PCB then...

R_D

International Debutant
We should have a 'fit and proper person's' test to deterime if an individual is fit to run a cricket board, well bye bye ZCU and PCB then...
Not sure whether BCCI would pass the test either........ only thing they are good at it is... how to collect the money.

No surprise at comments from Pakistan.. usual denial. Difference between India accusing Pakistan was.. they caught a terrorist who arrived from there... Here we have top people just saying that just for the hell of it.

ret

International Debutant
If you want to have a good laugh chk out Zaid Hamid on you tube .... he is a Pak analyst, who mixes religion with Politics