• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Warne dead at 52

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, WTH, and out of nowhere.

R.I.P to an absolute legend

Definitely getting too many of these threads...

James

Cricket Web Owner
What absolutely shocking news to wake up to.

A dreadful week for sport losing All Blacks Va’aiga Tuigamala (52) and Joeli Vidiri (48) as well as now Marsh and Warne.

Warne is for me the greatest bowler of my generation. As someone else in this thread said, he had the crowd transfixed every time he came onto bowl, and no one could question his absolute passion and love for the game.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Never thought passing of a celebrity I never met will hit me so much just makes me realise even more how great of an influence he was during my childhood and teenage .

Also hearts out for Australian team warne is probably Australia biggest cricket icon along with Bradman will be tough for them to stay switched on for this game.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Shocked. As someone else said, Marsh going at 74 is bad enough, but obviously this is just an obscenely young age to pass away.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
My first thought is for his kids, absolutely devastating for them - 3 people who you could see in the doco on Amazon Prime that adored him and despite all his flaws and time away, had clearly given his all to his kids.

One hell of a life, taken far too soon. Bloody tragic.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Shocking... Depressing news to wake up to. Larger than life sort of bloke. Truly a legend, a great story teller, excellent motivator, outstanding sense of humor and think of leg spin, starts and ends with this man's name. This one is very hard to fathom.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
One of those things that hits you harder than you even would have expected. Not that you could foresee it.

Took the wind out of my sails completely. What a sad loss to the whole game.