• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semifinal: England v Denmark (in London, UK)

Aritro

International Regular
I'd back this England team to comfortably overwhelm anyone in a Wembley final other than Mancini's Italians. They look like they're on a mission.

One thing's for sure, it'll be a boring as **** stalemate with both teams playing antifootball. The Italians will have the advantage as they're more adept at creating chances while playing like that.

It's actually incredible how different the Poms look with Grealish on the pitch.

Aritro

International Regular
This English team is a lot more likeable than their mid 00s team and wouldn't have minded them winning that penalty against Italy or Spain at all but it's brutal for an underdog Denmark. :(
Yep, this is pretty much my outlook on it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm sort of glad it was an oggy and a dodgy pen, feels a much more English way of winning.

I don't think there's too much argument that the better team won, but, man I'd be ****ing savage if I was Danish.

The pen felt like a good, old fashioned evener. Kane should've had one, so the ref (who I thought was awful and it's been a good tournament for the officials) righted the ledger.

VAR needs sorting though. The "clear and obvious" weasel wording should go. Either use the technology properly or don't bother.

Today two wrongs made a right, but it shouldn't be like that.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd back this England team to comfortably overwhelm anyone in a Wembley final other than Mancini's Italians. They look like they're on a mission.

One thing's for sure, it'll be a boring as **** stalemate with both teams playing antifootball. The Italians will have the advantage as they're more adept at creating chances while playing like that.

It's actually incredible how different the Poms look with Grealish on the pitch.
Honestly Italy play the antithesis of anti-football, it's really odd how these stereotypes persist whilst it's clearly wrong, or maybe not odd, and a reason where we are where we are as a civilization. Bit deep, I've clearly drunk too much.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Morning all. There's a bandwagon pulling into platform 3 and I've got a first class ticket........out of my way ****s :D

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I'll probably have a look at the final though. Tough one for the Australian followers after 2006 and Italy, up against the natural hatred for England.
Are you serious ? Think the majority of Australians will root for Azzurri over England regardless of the Fabio Grosso ‘dive’. Poms will most likely win though.

if it wasn’t for the lockdown Norton st leichardt would have been fun on Sunday.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are you serious ? Think the majority of Australians will root for Azzurri over England regardless of the Fabio Grosso ‘dive’. Poms will most likely win though.

if it wasn’t for the lockdown Norton st leichardt would have been fun on Sunday.
Are you serious? Nobody who saw it forgets that dive lol. Like everyone I know will be going for England. Also they're quite sympathetic in football, the whole it's coming home stuff, how unlucky they've been at times. Hand of God, Lampards disallowed goal against Germany

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They always bang on about the hand of god goal, conveniently ignoring the same bloke ran through their entire side like he was playing against a set of traffic cones.

they’ve certainly improved since Mike Bassett took over, though

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They always bang on about the hand of god goal, conveniently ignoring the same bloke ran through their entire side like he was playing against a set of traffic cones.

they’ve certainly improved since Mike Bassett took over, though
Second goal came after the first though. And it finished 2-1. Try harder

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I thought everyone agreed the Grosso one was a pen. Has the news still not reached Australia?
Everyone who actually knew anything about football did at the time. The only people who didn't were people from countries with no culture.