• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semifinal: England v Denmark (in London, UK)

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Thought Pickford made a **** of it personally.
The view from right behind the taker shows it’s not that far off center but is curling and has height. He gets fingers to it and should have done better. It also not a free kick unless he’s going to start giving them for all the holding at set pieces.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A goal now would do England good, Sam matterface a true wordsmith.
I loved the long pause before ‘good’, like ‘oh **** this is a stupid sentence, what do I do, aw no I just have to finish it don’t I’.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I loved the long pause before ‘good’, like ‘oh **** this is a stupid sentence, what do I do, aw no I just have to finish it don’t I’.
Yeah didn't do it justice in my original post, it was definitely Partridge-esque, he didn't know how to finish the sentence when he started so slowed down than just said "good".

Nothing will beat this though, utter classic.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The double pivot is giving less protection than it should. The front 4 seem to be doing less work in possession than other teams like Spain and Italy. Is Mount supposed to be playing a 10 or working forward of Rice/Philips but part of the midfield?

Uppercut

Yeah I think the fact that it was well hit helped conceal the fact that he did a good impression of someone weighed down with cement
It’s not an easy save but keepers at this level would keep it out more often than not. Fantastic hit.

grecian

It was a yellow card, arm went up into face, stop whining get on with it, these are the rules now defenders don't do it so much which as they fear pens, so you have a better chance to get your slabhead on it to score, same with shirt pulling.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Maguire up there with Pickford in the shouting/getting disproportionately angry stakes tbh

grecian

Does Southgate know he gets five substitutions, though?
Personally we were on the offensive, wouldn't have minded us waiting until about 5 minutes against the new players, but yeah I guess Grealish is a no-brainer.

That entire break of play from Denmark was pretty calculated, but hey within the rules, took the sting out of it, would have hoped we'd have done similar in the same situation. If that was Italy people would be up in arms.

Uppercut

Literally never see those given as a pen. Maybe get a free outside the box if you’re lucky. ‘Coming together’ the unofficial rule.

grecian

Literally never see those given as a pen. Maybe get a free outside the box if you’re lucky. ‘Coming together’ the unofficial rule.
Yeah possibly biased, but not sure why it's given as a dive, certainly contact, even if initiated by Kane, avtually happy with VAR to stay with onfield decision, umpires call and all that.