• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

LA ICE-E

State Captain
I can't believe that SL and NZ fans are writing off their team's chances of beating Australia even before they have played them. :blink:
well can't blame them. Yes both are very good teams but unless australia have a bad day, they'll most likely lose. And Australia didn't have a bad day like that since 99.

pup11

International Coach
KiWiNiNjA, Mate you follow the Trans-Tasman rivalry culture pretty seriously.

Can't see the Aussies losing to either Sri Lanka or New Zealand,TBH.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd rather NZ go through than SA tbh.
Well the semis are at grounds that had the slow rubbish pitches, so it wouldn't make much difference whether you got NZ or SA then. They're both bad at bottling the big games, so not much difference there either.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
KiWiNiNjA, Mate you follow the Trans-Tasman rivalry culture pretty seriously.

Can't see the Aussies losing to either Sri Lanka or New Zealand,TBH.
I can. It certainly isn't as impossible as some people make it out to be.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Well the semis are at grounds that had the slow rubbish pitches, so it wouldn't make much difference whether you got NZ or SA then. They're both bad at bottling the big games, so not much difference there either.
So Scaly mate, who you cheering for tonight? Surely NZ right? :)

crickmate

U19 12th Man
even if SA lose this one, I highly doubt current England team can beat SA. Although I will be more than happy if they can do it. Will open the door to semi for ENG, BNG and WI again.

Well a NZ win is the best result for England. SA win is not too bad depending on the margin.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Peterson will take 4-25 bowling wrist-spin against England, its the most humiliating way we can lose, so I'll predict that will happen:ph34r:

pup11

International Coach
South Africa's loss to New Zealand yesterday has given West Indies and Bangladesh an outside chance too, but i have a feeling England might suprise everyone by getting qualified as the 4th semi-finalists.

But where does all this leave South Africa, do you guys think they can get rid of their"chokers" tag this time around.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
NZL and SL have been pretty much on the exact same wavelength the last 2 years.. and its been rather even and close.. so maybe its a good thing NZ lost the pool game :D

Next time NZ to win :D

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Since their (and including) 2003 World Cup match, NZ have played Sri Lanka 14 times. Currently, both teams have won 7 games and that also includes the recent World Cup match at St Georges.

It is very even, so if the two teams meet in the semi final..it could really go either way.

readie

State Regular
Aus to play NZ in the final with NZ ( unfortunately) beating Australia in a nail-biting finish

pup11

International Coach
No, i don't think New Zealand can beat Sri Lanka in the semi-finals because they are simply hopeless against Murali, and Vass has also troubled their top-order a lot in recent times.

Other problem for the Black Caps is that Bond is their only genuine attacking option with the ball, as the Lankans play spin and dibbly-dobbly bowlers pretty well, as they showed in their last encounter.

pup11

International Coach
If England make it through to the semi-finals then i think they would have to be the most undeserving side to reach the semi-finals, because so far the only teams they have beaten in this WC are Canada,Kenya,Ireland, and Bangladesh.