• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

Xuhaib

International Coach
for the last 4 world championships side that has knocked SA has won the tourney.We are going all the way baybee:cool:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We will romp home. There is nobody in our league here, give us the trophy now IMO

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Pakistan can beat Australia

First of all the game wont be played on the pacy and bouncy barbados track
secondly Pakistan did manage 160 against Australia last time, the only problem was that Afridis stupid captaincy meant Australia smashed around hafeez and Sami which wont be bowling much in the Semis if at all.
thirdly, Pakistan is a completely different beast in this situation.

Anyone can win, but teams best be very very careful with Pak at this time. Umar Akmal and Afridi have caught some form, smashed some big sixes last game.

Himannv

International Coach
I think this Sri Lankan team have it in them to go all the way. The whole batting lineup got a decent look in against India and if Mahela can keep it going as well, we definitely have a chance.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Jeez am i the only believer in Afridi's boys here?

Enough is enough Australia....

The stage is set and the wind is blowing in favor of Pakistan. I can feel it. I don't care if Pak wins the WC it would be nice to win it however. But beating Australia in Semis is going to be the best treat.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Pakistan will get destroyed by Australia. I don't buy the "Pakistan are so unpredictable that they might just pull an upset" argument. Pakistan have been VERY predictable against Aus. They predictably **** their pants each time they take the field against them. I would love to be proven wrong, and of course I'll be hoping/praying to be wrong, but I somehow doubt it.
I don't know, Pakistan are so unpredictable that they might just steal the trophy before the semi even starts.

GGG

State Captain
Gotta say England v Aussie final, which I hope for as like I said previously, the only 2 teams that have a chance against Aussie are England and NZ.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All the arguments in favour of Pakistan also work for OZ. The bowling has done well all tournament but the batting, a few key players aside, hasn't really hit its straps yet either.

Like I said, Pakistan off to a good start and its game on. If they lose 4 in their first 6, game over.

Lostman

State Captain
really hope Jayasuriya is not opening tomorrow. Wont mind him batting at number 7/8 and bowling about 2-3 overs of spin at the English.

If he is opening this is the motivational video he should be watching of facing Bresnan.

Too bad he is no longer "only 37 yrs old".

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's just not that funny though. Granted it's late here, but if I came on and took the piss out of how some Indian cricketers spoke there'd (rightly) be a fair amount of indignation.

Can't believe how bitter some people are that Pakistan have made the semis. Honestly, just get over it. Your team played like crap mate, not winning the games they had to. Just like Australia played crap last year.

It's not about how many games you win, per se. It's about winning games when you need to. Every team knew that when they came into the tourney. Pakistan might be lucky to have done so at the right time, with results in their pool going their way, but India had the chance to put such factors out of the equation in their own group, and they didn't.

ret

International Debutant
It's just not that funny though. Granted it's late here, but if I came on and took the piss out of how some Indian cricketers spoke there'd (rightly) be a fair amount of indignation.

Can't believe how bitter some people are that Pakistan have made the semis. Honestly, just get over it. Your team played like crap mate, not winning the games they had to. Just like Australia played crap last year.

It's not about how many games you win, per se. It's about winning games when you need to. Every team knew that when they came into the tourney. Pakistan might be lucky to have done so at the right time, with results in their pool going their way, but India had the chance to put such factors out of the equation in their own group, and they didn't.
If I write something then I expect both positive and negative reactions but what's with this get over Ind loss It's like you think everyone (Indians) expect Ind to win this! Now that kind of logic is hilarious! Makes up for the lack of humor in my post so thanks for the comic relief!

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Post deleted ret. It may be an "attempt at humour" but it would only serve to create tension/angst among certain members and ultimately take the thread down a track it doesn't need to go.

Sir Alex

Banned
Post deleted ret. It may be an "attempt at humour" but it would only serve to create tension/angst among certain members and ultimately take the thread down a track it doesn't need to go.
Lol thanks. Was genuinely worried at the old man yelling at the clouds post!

Last edited:

AaronK

State Regular
@Clapo

thanx for deleting the post.. after reading what ret post.. i was going to say something since i felt like some bitter indian taking a shot at Pakistan.. but i let it goo.. thinking that i maybe overreacting to the post..

I think their so called heros fill their bank account with money from IPL.. yet when they lose major tournments.. they take their frustration out by bashing other teams.. I say.. stop supporting IPL..because that is the problem for indian cricket team.. their players are making too much money to take international cricket serious.. i say this for the sake of cricket..hope i didn't effend any indians here.. well unlike them, I care how they feel and I am trying to be careful here to not effend them..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There are very few Indian posters on this board who have a go or make fun of the Pakistan team, or want them to fail.

Compare that to back in 2005 and 2006, when it was just hell on earth. The Indian vs. Pakistani wars were unbearable.

Xuhaib

International Coach
@Clapo

thanx for deleting the post.. after reading what ret post.. i was going to say something since i felt like some bitter indian taking a shot at Pakistan.. but i let it goo.. thinking that i maybe overreacting to the post..

I think their so called heros fill their bank account with money from IPL.. yet when they lose major tournments.. they take their frustration out by bashing other teams.. I say.. stop supporting IPL..because that is the problem for indian cricket team.. their players are making too much money to take international cricket serious.. i say this for the sake of cricket..hope i didn't effend any indians here.. well unlike them, I care how they feel and I am trying to be careful here to not effend them..
well India are number 1 test team so i don't know how this makes sense.They had 2 bad tourneys with a young team I don't know why there is mo much over reaction.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yah, I've never been happier to be an Indian supporter than I have been over the last 12-24 months.

I like where Indian cricket is going, just need to fix up some things with T20 and ensure our young batsman are exposed to bouncy wickets like Dravid, Sachin and Laxman have been.