• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Same Old Shoaib

Bouncer

State Regular
He did what we all know he can...he is his own biggest enemy! a recent news about Shaoib's professionalism is given below

Aqib Javed came out saying that the biggest problem he has noted withShoaib is that when he is Off from cricket even for a week (eventough in shoaib's case he is generally off from cricket for more than weeks) he never tries to bowl...and stays away from cricket at all.....so it makes it extra hard for his body ...wehn he finally comes back to team and it takes him time and energy to get back into rytham.....Aqib said he has asked Akhter to bowl atleat an over or two just from a 5 meter run up and not even with half of his pace at single stump so that his body stays in connection with the game....as probably thats what Aqib, Waqar and wasim used to do.....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shoaib and Afridi just need to go IMO. Sure, Afridi doesn't have talent to lace Akhtar's boots, but they've both just been will-he-won't-he for so long now, we know neither are ever going to improve in any way - just get rid of the both of them completely.

Can't see Akhtar being that good for much longer anyway, and Afridi's never been much good ITFP.

Bouncer

State Regular
Shoiab will not play another 30 ODI's

i am for last 2 and half years saying that he should only be played in test matches to serve Pak best....this is only way Pak can get best ouuta him for Pak cricket.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shoaib and Afridi just need to go IMO. Sure, Afridi doesn't have talent to lace Akhtar's boots, but they've both just been will-he-won't-he for so long now, we know neither are ever going to improve in any way - just get rid of the both of them completely.

Can't see Akhtar being that good for much longer anyway, and Afridi's never been much good ITFP.
AWTA. Tremendous talent, but he's wasted it imo, and is too disruptive an influence on the team.

JBMAC

State Captain
So Much Potential....Such a waste of time...Pakistan would be better off "blooding" a new face for the 20/20...

haroon510

International 12th Man

i don't think afridi gets in to these kind of conterversies very often..last time he was in trouble was in South Africa.. he did that cuz someone said something bad about his country.. hell if someone says anything about my country... i would beat the hell out of that person too.. afridi has alot of talent and so Shoaib. pakistan needs both of them if they wana win The twenty 20 cup..

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
i don't think afridi gets in to these kind of conterversies very often..last time he was in trouble was in South Africa.. he did that cuz someone said something bad about his country.. hell if someone says anything about my country... i would beat the hell out of that person too.. afridi has alot of talent and so Shoaib. pakistan needs both of them if they wana win The twenty 20 cup..
Pakistan needs both of these cricketers period.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Afridi has a bit of talent with one thing - bowling quickish not-much-spinners. And lots of talent for throwing his wicket away.

IMO, Pakistan cricket of the last 10 years would have been better off without him. No-one, even Shoaib Akhtar, has better epitomised the volatile nature of things. Afridi is rarely out of trouble if truth be told, be it external or internal. He has an overblown idea of his own ability and seems perennially to think he's a more important player than he is. He's never been anything more than a bit-part player.

Shoaib, on the other hand, has always possessed some serious talents, but has also always lacked some other things crucial to success, most notably the ability to stay fit and to keep a level head. Many times I've thought "has he turned the corner?" Every time, the answer's been "no" and I've ceased to believe such a thing is possible a while ago.

Xuhaib

International Coach
KARACHI: National cricket officials have been trying to trace enigmatic fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar but so far all their efforts have gone in vain.

A Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) official told this correspondent on Thursday that he tried to locate Shoaib but the player remains elusive, a day after he was fined over indiscipline.

“We have been trying to trace Shoaib but he has just disappeared,” Shafqat Naghmi, PCB’s Chief Operating Officer said.

Naghmi said that Zakir Khan, the Board’s Director of Operations, also tried to get in touch with Shoaib but failed.

The PCB official said that Shoaib is a part of the Pakistan team for next month’s Twenty20 World Cup and the Board expects him to play in the tournament.

Meanwhile, PCB chief Nasim Ashraf has defended the Board’s decision to fine Shoaib after the bowler left the national training camp in Karachi without informing team manager Talat Ali.

thenews.com.pk

DaViet

Cricket Spectator
he's around 32 isnt he? maybe he's secretly working on a new action and run up with his mate asif so he can bowl like mcgrath