• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round of 16: Wales v Denmark (in Amsterdam, Netherlands)

Who will win?

• Wales

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denmark

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well done to the ref for sending off Harry Wilson there, **** tackles like that out of frustration should always be a red.

Was worried that Denmark might regret not going in at half time 2-0 up but they've been excellent.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Red card, wow. Foul on the 2nd goal ignored but that was a red? Tough to tell how much contact was made.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Red card, wow. Foul on the 2nd goal ignored but that was a red? Tough to tell how much contact was made.
They’re not usually given but why should he be allowed to kick someone out of frustration just because the ball happens to be within 15 yards of him? Maybe not the right decision by how the laws are usually applied but I loved to see it.

Also it was funny.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The foul in the lead up to the 2nd goal had no effect on the goal.

And yes, that was a red and not enough tackles like that get red cards. No attempt made to play the ball.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The foul for the 2nd should have been given by the ref. Var doesn’t need to go back that far but that was the 2nd bad call against Moore just for being big.

Taking a swipe and not going for the ball is fine for a yellow for intent. I struggle with the red cause so many players will feign or enhance literally any contact.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The foul for the 2nd should have been given by the ref. Var doesn’t need to go back that far but that was the 2nd bad call against Moore just for being big.

Taking a swipe and not going for the ball is fine for a yellow for intent. I struggle with the red cause so many players will feign or enhance literally any contact.
I have very strong feelings about the Wilson tackle. The laws (and as a result fans) have a tendency to divide all tackles into Safe and Unsafe, but there aren’t any fully safe tackles and sliding into someone from behind will cause a few moderate injuries and the odd severe one (e.g. Andre Gomes). Even an ankle sprain or a contusion means you miss the rest of the tournament, and in the regular course of the game that’s OK, if anything I think the sport should be more comfortable with injury risk. But anyone who’s risking hurting a player because they’re grumpy about losing should absolutely not be on the pitch, and frankly should go **** themselves.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I have very strong feelings about the Wilson tackle. The laws (and as a result fans) have a tendency to divide all tackles into Safe and Unsafe, but there aren’t any fully safe tackles and sliding into someone from behind will cause a few moderate injuries and the odd severe one (e.g. Andre Gomes).
I half agree with this. Even now the laws will let you get away with tackles that can chop down a knee if you are first to the ball,.

I partiallyagree that football would be a more fun game if everyone accepted the risk involved in those lunges - kinda like we accept the assumed risk in headers - but the punishment meted out on field feels arbitrary

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wales and Scotland have really embarrassed Great Britain at this tournament, hope we can restore some pride to this island

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
That wasn't a red card in a million years (by the laws of the game, not anyone's personal morals). Are they not using VAR for red cards?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They’re not usually given but why should he be allowed to kick someone out of frustration just because the ball happens to be within 15 yards of him? Maybe not the right decision by how the laws are usually applied but I loved to see it.

Also it was funny.
This is the key point.