• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round of 16: Wales v Denmark (in Amsterdam, Netherlands)

Who will win?

• Wales

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denmark

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kickoff 26 June, 5pm BST/18.00 local

H2H (competitive): Denmark 5, drawn 0, Wales 3 - all qualifying matches
Euro history: Denmark winners 1992, semifinals 1964 & 1984. Wales semifinals 2016

Winner plays winner of Netherlands v Czechia, in Baku, Azerbaijan

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It seems like Denmark are everyone's second favourite team here now (or first if your own country aren't playing.)
It's great that a major tragedy was avoided, but it hasn't made me root for Denmark - except for today that is.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think that Savage has been pretty fair so far, apart from his insistence at the start of the match that Wales have the best two players on the pitch.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I think that Savage has been pretty fair so far, apart from his insistence at the start of the match that Wales have the best two players on the pitch.
Surely it's not controversial that Wales have a couple of excellent footballers and nine plodders and Denmark have a full team?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Surely it's not controversial that Wales have a couple of excellent footballers and nine plodders and Denmark have a full team?
Sure, but I'd question the assumption that Bale and Ramsey are better than anyone in the Danish team. Especially Ramsey.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The scorelines haven’t always reflected it but they’ve crushed everyone they’ve played. Could really go far.

BBC pundits are desperately trying to find a Welsh mistake on the goal when it was really just a fantastic bit of football.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The scorelines haven’t always reflected it but they’ve crushed everyone they’ve played. Could really go far.

BBC pundits are desperately trying to find a Welsh mistake on the goal when it was really just a fantastic bit of football.
the welsh ex cap there declared denmark would have beaten belgium :confused1

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Sure, but I'd question the assumption that Bale and Ramsey are better than anyone in the Danish team. Especially Ramsey.
*shrug* Bale has played in the world elite for a decade, Dolberg got chucked out of Ajax cos he didn't score as many goals as Dušan Tadić.

It's a lot easier to look competent when all the pieces fit together

Uppercut

Who’s the best player for Denmark? Schmeichel or Hjojberg I guess? Ramsey is at least as good as them when fit, there are worse parochial opinions.

BBC doing a feature on England in the middle of a Welsh knockout game is very poor form.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
*shrug* Bale has played in the world elite for a decade, Dolberg got chucked out of Ajax cos he didn't score as many goals as Dušan Tadić.

It's a lot easier to look competent when all the pieces fit together
Yeah, Bale's a fair call, probably even at this stage of his career. As I say, not sure that Ramsey's automatically better than any Danish player out there. I suppose it just sounded like the commentators were underestimating the Danish players because they aren't so familiar with them. But you're right that it's hard to look good when your team's being outplayed by opponents who are better than the rest of your side.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Who’s the best player for Denmark? Schmeichel or Hjojberg I guess? Ramsey is at least as good as them when fit, there are worse parochial opinions.

BBC doing a feature on England in the middle of a Welsh knockout game is very poor form.
No idea tbh. I'm the last person who could offer informed opinions about most of them, but they just look terrific to me. As individuals and as a team. It was a fairer point if we're looking at peak Bale and peak Ramsey.

Uppercut

VAR not even looking at fouls that far back is a big improvement.

Neco Williams is just as bad as that for Liverpool. Probably been picked based on his club, would be such a standard international manager mistake.