• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 16 and Beyond

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vic_orthdox said:
I was thinking they'd buy all three by late August ;)
Jose already has Shevchenko and Crespo, and for some reason seems to love Drogba.

But if Henry were available - him and Shevchenko together doesn't bear thinking about.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
Its fair enough, particularly in a WC.

Though I can't imagine anyone being mates with Ronaldo :ph34r:

That being said, if I saw Rooney on the street without knowing he was a footballer (actually that wouldn't really make a difference) I'd throw him my wallet and run ;)
Yes...as the old saying goes - 'You can lead a chav to money, but you cannot make him think'. :happy:

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Jose already has Shevchenko and Crespo, and for some reason seems to love Drogba.

But if Henry were available - him and Shevchenko together doesn't bear thinking about.
Correction: Has Shevcencko and had Crespo.

But they sold Eidier to Barcelona (didn't expect that too much), so whether or not they would want another striker to replace Crespo.

They can have Recoba, he is technically without a club now.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
he has a divine right to be playing in the Serie A, he wont be going anywhere else...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Correction: Has Shevcencko and had Crespo.

But they sold Eidier to Barcelona (didn't expect that too much), so whether or not they would want another striker to replace Crespo.

Has Crespo left for certain then?

Gudjohnsen had been playing more of a midfield role, the sort of position that Ballack will now take - I think we all know which of those 2 would be better at it!

Doubt they'd want Recoba, I assume his contract has expired?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Eidur Gudjohnssen?

*Spits*

*Spits again*

*One more time, for good measure*

Dirty scumbag

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Has Crespo left for certain then?

Gudjohnsen had been playing more of a midfield role, the sort of position that Ballack will now take - I think we all know which of those 2 would be better at it!

Doubt they'd want Recoba, I assume his contract has expired?
He really wants to go back to Italy (Crespo) so I think it is almost certain he will be there.

My comment about Recoba was tongue-in-cheek, his contract expired on the 30th of June, so yes he is out of contract. Bolton will probably have a go like they usually do (remember their bid for Rivaldo).

Scaly piscine

FaaipDeOiad said:
So, if "most sides" would rather have Klose than Henry, why don't they seek him out? Klose was valued at 10 million or so before the WC, and obviously Henry would command far, far more if he was ever transferred. Klose also had a good WC in 2002, so it's not as though he's just been discovered. All the clubs in Europe just being stupid, I suppose?
Partially a lot of them are stupid, also because there are far more soft teams in club football and especially in respective leagues so chief can do his usual flat track bullying whatever league he ends up in. It's also possible (I don't know anything about him as a club footballer) Klose isn't a complete mercenary, which would kill his market value needless to say. Then you've also got the fact that a posing halfwit who scores the odd good goal (regardless of who it's against) is far more marketable, guys like Beckham and chief poseur will cost far more because teams will recoup their money from shirt sales and so forth.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
He really wants to go back to Italy (Crespo) so I think it is almost certain he will be there.
I'd heard that, but didn't Abramovic tell him he wanted him to stay and offer a new deal?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Partially a lot of them are stupid
Right, so everyone else in football is stupid and you're the only one who isn't.

Scaly piscine said:
I don't know anything about him as a club footballer
Yet you still insist he's a better striker than Henry.

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
Right, so everyone else in football is stupid and you're the only one who isn't.

Yet you still insist he's a better striker than Henry.
Literacy isn't your strong point is it dear?

International football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>more important>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> club football

Scaly piscine

Bah stupid ITV commentator 'nice to see a referee not brandish a card...' after another typical professional foul. This was just after one by Lahm when Camoranesi was just about to get into the box and Lahm made sure he was taken out before he could cut the ball back to someone. Football commentators should be sterilised as soon as they pick up a mike.

Scaly piscine

No of course that wasn't dangerous when he stamped down at the ball with all his weight going through on his one airborne foot... just the relative genius of Andy Townsend to listen to now.