• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the Ashes 2021/22

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I suppose that would mean Pakistan take that test vs SL after the bus got shot up.
Yeah fair imo. SL were only touring for a bit, Pakistan have to live and raise their kids there. Surely they could risk it.

Bangladesh probably also take all the games that Australia find excuses to duck.

Burgey

Fair enough too. That's why I feel our lads are always brave when they tour England or India, knowing there are people who actually have to live in those places is distressing tstl.

Shame Afghanistan have to lose out on the points from the test out here later this year, but they aren't touring, so too bad I suppose.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I’m not sure there’s any suggestion of England refusing to tour. Some players on an individual basis won’t be available if families are not allowed to visit. The only likelihood of the tour not going ahead is dependent on Australia closing their borders to non essential international travel, in which case they would of course forfeit The Ashes.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Been 8 years since Australia legitimately won an Ashes series and looks like the wait will go on

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
What’s the size of the squad going to be? Selections like Anderson don’t make sense to me if he’s going to need to bowl a big amount of overs. There’ll be innings that will be 140-150 odd overs. He or anyone else have to be able to do their part in that. If the squad is small and the bowling spells long, Jimmeh might stuggle.

Tom Flint

International Regular
They spent summer in quarantine hotels without family

Anderson lives just down the road from Old Trafford & spent long periods living in a hotel at the ground and was unable to see his family during that time

Can see him not coming
England players weren't in a bubble this summer.
England has been back to normal for months now. The players are just looking for excuses not to travel. They want the central contracts but don't want to play the games. Its a joke I'd drop all the ones asking to be left out and give the likes of hildreth and Stevens a go

TheJediBrah

The west indians seemed to enjoy themselves on tour going by a few of their books
Judging from stories I was told by guys that partied with them back in the mid-00s this is very true
England players weren't in a bubble this summer.
England has been back to normal for months now. The players are just looking for excuses not to travel. They want the central contracts but don't want to play the games. Its a joke I'd drop all the ones asking to be left out and give the likes of hildreth and Stevens a go
Couldn't agree with this more, same could be said for Australian players like Maxwell. If you can't commit to playing a decent amount of games for your country then you shouldn't get paid your contracted wage. Just like anyone else who has lost business because of the pandemic. They shouldn't get special treatment.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Fair enough too. That's why I feel our lads are always brave when they tour England or India, knowing there are people who actually have to live in those places is distressing tstl.

Shame Afghanistan have to lose out on the points from the test out here later this year, but they aren't touring, so too bad I suppose.
Have they confirmed the Test isn't happening or is it just assumed at the moment? I know that CA threatened to cancel the Test unless the Taliban changed its stance on their women's team (and women in general) - which we know they aren't going to - so I can't see how the match can happen, but wasn't sure if anything had been formalised yet.

Spikey

Given Victoria, ACT and NSW have given up on covidzero, the logical thing is to spilt all 5 test matches between these areas and lockout QLD, SA and WA.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Given Victoria, ACT and NSW have given up on covidzero, the logical thing is to spilt all 5 test matches between these areas and lockout QLD, SA and WA.
nooooo those are the worst three pitches in the country ffs, play them all in hobart

Spikey

all 5 test matches in Hobart could be pushing it, and also the david boon stories would get old after day 2.