• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2015 Ashes in England

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
is this the first time in ashes history that we've had series in a row with the same two captains

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got to say i have never been so underwhelmed about an impending ashes series. Not because I think we have no chance as I do but there have been so many in recent times we have been saturated by them. I was always excited about them even when we were terrible in the 90's and on a hiding to nothing but this time I am not really fussed.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Don't get the Siddle hate. Similar to me sticking up for Johnson prior to the last series, there's much worse options available than a bloke with 10 Tests worth of experience in England.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I love the logic that if you add two sub-par part-time spinners together, it magically equals a decent full-time spinner.

I mean, it's not like you can isolate Clarke's good overs and have him bowl them when Voges would suck, while Voges bowls his good overs when Clarke would be bowling his bad ones.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Oh man I would laugh so hard if they go 4 quicks and the 4th quick is Cummins. TheJediBrah wouldn't know how to react.

Then I'd cry because goodbye First Test.

Gob

International Coach
Don't get the Siddle hate. Similar to me sticking up for Johnson prior to the last series, there's much worse options available than a bloke with 10 Tests worth of experience in England.
well there are only two ways in which Skinny Pete could play. Not playing a front line spinner or playing skinny ahead of one of the 3 quicks and i think both of them are terrible moves.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sometimes I wonder if people really do think cricket works like a computer game, and the likelihood that a team will bowl a side out is simply based on a hidden bowling ability number buried somewhere in their soul.
A bit like naming Martin Crowe as a front line bowler in an ATG NZ ODI team you mean?

Gob

International Coach
Apparently he had Smitteh sitting on his backside. You got to be bowling some serious heat to do that atm

Spark

Global Moderator
I think he's a really good backup bowler to have, but a backup bowler nonetheless.