• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to Russia 2018

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Give it a couple of weeks and you’ll have your quadrennial wailing and gnashing of teeth as your bundling out gets underway. Looking forward to it. Meanwhile, we’ll continue to fly under the radar to at least the quarters, most likely the final.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Always worries me when there's no hype about England.

Although usually there's a reason for it and the early exit is pretty hilarious.

Uppercut

I got them in the sweepstake so if they must win a World Cup then they might as well do it now.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
What’s the best app to get to follow this, or is everyone on here doing their own thing/stuff ?

Uppercut

I got Russia.

Basically just need Putin's heavies to start murdering wives and children of referees and I'm all set.
I've taken the 9/1 on the Saudis to beat them in the opening game, so hoping their utter uselessness can out-turd the traditional home-town fix.

Saudis aren't too bad at the corruption either.

auditor

School Boy/Girl Captain
Putin said if Egypt wins, it will prohibit tourists from flying to Egypt.

Take Russia's victory over Egypt

:laugh:

Burgey

Man I wish this would just start already. Best sporting event in the world imo.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, usually I find it rolls around really quickly after the Prem finishes but it seems like the waiting is dragging on big time this time around.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not sure about best XI, but Buffon, Keita, Alaba, Veratti, and Pjanic spring to mind in terms of notable player absentees.

At least we won't have to endure the "Do it for Buffon because he is a nice man" rhetoric/narrative this time round though.

flibbertyjibber

Yeah, usually I find it rolls around really quickly after the Prem finishes but it seems like the waiting is dragging on big time this time around.
Having been involved in play offs I haven't had to wait so long so not that desperate. Shame we have no proper cricket this weekend to go into it. A test this week would have been ideal.

flibbertyjibber

Anyone having withdrawal symptoms the History channel has loads of stuff on at present. The Fifa films of World Cups etc...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, you mean the History Channel actually has historical content these days? A few years back the only thing they showed was Ice Road Truckers, Pawn Stars, Swamp People, and Lizard Lick Towing.

Not that I minded this, but it always raised an eyebrow about why the channel had the word "History" in the title.