• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to IPL 2009.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah gaining respect in my books, he knows there's plenty of time to get rich in the IPL and now is the time to work on his game.

pup11

International Coach
When since IPL amounts made sense? Clarke's amount if true confirms it. Only Raj Royals and Chennai Kings have decent idea of what they are paying out and what they are getting back in return.
Yeah... well IPL amounts surely don't make sense when related to Indian players, but not in general with foreign players, and still when you look at it only two players, Symonds and Dhoni are in $1m IPL bracket, so the franchises and the guys might really rate Clarke to set such a high precedent for him, anyways i am pretty sure his got mate Shane Warne would ask the Royals to go for him.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Rory Kleinveldt is apparently up and will fetch $250,000. :laugh:

Not worth 250 quid at the moment.

And who would want Jason Krejza? If you are going by people who did well against India, give Shaun Udal a bell.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
The TOI says the $1 million is Clarke's reserve price. Surely they're mistaken?
Seems reasonable. There's only really any point for him in going if he gets absolutely loads of money. Otherwise he may as well just have a couple of weeks off. He can always go in for it again next year.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Seems reasonable. There's only really any point for him in going if he gets absolutely loads of money. Otherwise he may as well just have a couple of weeks off. He can always go in for it again next year.
I don't understand how you can state that it wouldn't be worth sitting on his ass unless he made that much. He is rich, but surely not that rich that he'd easily blow off the chance of earning, say half a million, for two weeks work. He is perfectly entitled to state his asking price, of course, I just think its a gyp.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't understand how you can state that it wouldn't be worth sitting on his ass unless he made that much. He is rich, but surely not that rich that he'd easily blow off the chance of earning, say half a million, for two weeks work. He is perfectly entitled to state his asking price, of course, I just think its a gyp.
I dunno, if you earn $1 million a year for 5-10 years (I'm assuming that's a reasonable estimate of his Australian earnings), I imagine it would take a lot of money to make you give up your only three weeks off in the year.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Sounds fair enough. Somehow I don't think the likes of Ponting are going to see it that way. Has too much of a 'I'm so precious' feel to it.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds fair enough. Somehow I don't think the likes of Ponting are going to see it that way. Has too much of a 'I'm so precious' feel to it.
Heh, well... personally I'm not a huge fan of Clarke, I find him intensely irritating. But as I've said before, that ideally qualifies him for Australia captain imo.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i have a feeling that none of the players around the world will pull out of this IPL tournment for security reasons.... for the following reaons..1 it isn't international cricket where they get paid less.2 their countries cricket is doing well why the care about countries like pakistan... mind set like this make me sick.. i wonder what does icc do.. other than J**king off..

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bahaha, noone, but noone was scheduled to. I might as well say, "those wankers won't pull out of English county cricket! They want money from them!!!" because noone's toured England since September.