• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

reverse sweep- idiotic shot

davado

School Boy/Girl Captain
but im saying its ALWAYS 1 in 4 cnerd, therefore there is NEVER a good time to play it
himmanv is an international coach, i hope she/he pays attention. Although he/she doesnt rate the conventional seep either, which i have no opinion on

davado

School Boy/Girl Captain
t20 ? i didnt realise noone here watched it. I enjoy it. Its not test cricket but it has its charms.
Never mind, ill watch it and report my 1 in 4 prediction here reverse sweep by reverse sweep.
And then we'll all know

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
t20 ? i didnt realise noone here watched it. I enjoy it. Its not test cricket but it has its charms.
Never mind, ill watch it and report my 1 in 4 prediction here reverse sweep by reverse sweep.
And then we'll all know
No I mean anything that happens in England

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When Himannvv coached Sri Lanka, Sangakkara made a joke at his expense at a team meeting and he still hasn't gotten over it

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
my arse i suppose but just through observation its a chance one in 4 times its played. Id be surprised if im proven wrong, its just a terrible shot especially in a test match. Maybe if the batter is publicly flogged after getting out to it, theyll stop
I recently read this book - HITTING AGAINST THE SPIN

Whilst to be honest I found the book a bit nuffy and hard to read, their analysis of the reverse sweep (stats driven) was very different to yours. The run rate on reverse shots was incredibly high compared to normal stance, and whilst the dismissal rate was higher too, it wasn't that much higher - and the average (runs scored divided by dismissals) was higher. This was ODIs, from memory.

anil1405

International Captain
Oh Stokesy....giving more fuel to this thread.

What a stupid dismissal. Even so considering the match situation.