• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reporting Posts

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hey mods, just a thought, not fussed either way personally - but when a post of mine gets infracted then there's a little symbol that appears on it for me for all of eternity, reminding me I was infracted for said post. If that symbol was shown to all, that might help with the whole 'knowing a reported post has been dealt with' thing that was being discussed in this thread.

Does this make sense?

Flem274*

123/5
Hey mods, just a thought, not fussed either way personally - but when a post of mine gets infracted then there's a little symbol that appears on it for me for all of eternity, reminding me I was infracted for said post. If that symbol was shown to all, that might help with the whole 'knowing a reported post has been dealt with' thing that was being discussed in this thread.

Does this make sense?
I'm pretty sure some form of "we've looked at your report" system, possibly several, have been floated amongst the mods but we never came to an agreement on if we should have one, let alone what it should be.

I can double check that if you like.

EDIT: Specifically on this suggestion though, I'm not sure if it's feasible in the coding of the forum.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
^Your probably better off not having one - I would just use it to hold your feet to the fire if I saw "no action taken" or "reported post yet to be investigated" next to my reported posts.

I would avoid accountability at all costs if I were a mod - I don't mean that as a dig or as a left handed manner of getting you to take action - if I was a mod i just wouldn't want someone breathing down my neck hounding me about a reported post. It must be a very busy job and you are doing this as volunteers. If you were full time and PAID then I would expect a better system.

Just do the best you can - if something is really important we will follow it up by reporting it again or VMing someone or something.

Best Wishes

Hurricane

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

Does this make sense?
Yeah, post makes sense, a couple of us have suggested it in the mod forum but not sure it can be done.

If something like that were implemented, it would be a pain in the arse if we ended up having to explain to everyone why someone was infracted, would hope we wouldn't have to be doing that the whole time.

ganeshran

International Debutant
There is a feature in vbulletin which allows a private forum with conditional thread visibility. So mods and admins can see all threads posted in that forum but members can see only the ones they have posted.

If a user reports a post, a thread about it gets created on that forum. A mod can reply to it about the action taken which would not be visible to other users but only to mods and the author. Users can also create threads if they have any disagreements about moderation.

Of course this could increase the workload of moderators and end up in long winding discussions.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There is a feature in vbulletin which allows a private forum with conditional thread visibility. So mods and admins can see all threads posted in that forum but members can see only the ones they have posted.

If a user reports a post, a thread about it gets created on that forum. A mod can reply to it about the action taken which would not be visible to other users but only to mods and the author. Users can also create threads if they have any disagreements about moderation.

Of course this could increase the workload of moderators and end up in long winding discussions.
Whenever someone reports a post, a thread is created in the Reports forum, which only the mods can see.

The variable visibility thing you're talking about isn't a feature of vBulletin though; if it exists it's a add-on modification (like [youtube] tags).

ganeshran

International Debutant
Whenever someone reports a post, a thread is created in the Reports forum, which only the mods can see.

The variable visibility thing you're talking about isn't a feature of vBulletin though; if it exists it's a add-on modification (like [youtube] tags).
Are you sure about that?

If the normal users group is given access to the reports forum and the "Can view others threads" permission is set to No, wouldnt that achieve variable visibilty. I am not sure what version of VB the current forum runs on but this should be available in 3.5 onwards

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Are you sure about that?

If the normal users group is given access to the reports forum and the "Can view others threads" permission is set to No, wouldnt that achieve variable visibilty. I am not sure what version of VB the current forum runs on but this should be available in 3.5 onwards
It's never something I've encountered; you could be right though.

I do think it's an awful idea anyway, ftr. :p

Huntcore

Cricket Spectator
I would like to report Athlai for being a massive ****. This appears to be an appropriate enough place. WAC.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
OT, but does anyone else get a Malware screen pop up when looking at the Cricket Look a likes thread?

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
www.cricketweb.net contains content from RTV Channel Music Television, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
It must be on one of the recent pages, because I clicked on an earlier page and that worked fine.