• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank the 500 Club

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wait, I cannot multiquote?

Anyways, @Fuller Pilch and @trundler I just meant he will make a decent number of folks' ATG India XI. I agree he is not quite ATG though, although I hate this ATVG category. Just call them "Great" FFS.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Anyways, @Fuller Pilch and @trundler I just meant he will make a decent number of folks' ATG India XI. I agree he is not quite ATG though, although I hate this ATVG category. Just call them "Great" FFS.
It's more football specific but I've come up with...

ATG: Obvious (Messi, Maradona, Pele, Cristiano Ronaldo class)
Generational: Players who are rightly viewed as undoubtedly or certainly among the greatest of their generation, but just below that ATG tier for a variety of reasons (Luis Suarez before he got chubby/lazy/fat/**** of late, Pirlo)
World class: At any given time, would make a shortlist to be considered for a World XI to play a hypothetical Aliens XI (Neymar is a solid example)
League legends: At any given time, would make a shortlist to be considered for the respective League XI to play another League's XI (Griezmann level of player fits the bill)

Must be a better way of coming up with something similar for cricket?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait, I cannot multiquote?

McGrath
Murali=Warne
Walsh
Kumble=Broad
Anderson
If you hit Reply to multiple postss it will have them all in the box at the bottom for you. :)

trundler

CW rates the 2nd best fast bowler over the 2 best spinners. All rankings are according to CW polls.

Flem274*

123/5
mcgrath is the goat

in the era of the so called ftb and broadcaster motorways for days, mcgrath was king. he outdid his 00s contemporaries by a margin marshall, hadlee et al could only dream of.

vcs

mcgrath is the goat

in the era of the so called ftb and broadcaster motorways for days, mcgrath was king. he outdid his 00s contemporaries by a margin marshall, hadlee et al could only dream of.
Marshall was well ahead of his contemporaries, look at his SR. Not his fault that the '80s was a stronger era for fast bowlers.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anil was not good with Kukkaburra either. See what happened to him in SL, (and to Harbhajan too). Ashwin and Jadeja is way more adaptable to brand of the ball than above two plus Murali (who hated SG ball)
I never understood why Ashwin used to be picked ahead of Jadeja overseas. Jadeja always seemed to have a style that would work better in overseas conditions than Ashwin.