• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank the 500 Club

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cook played 150+ consecutive tests in just 12 years. That's an insane effort. I recall reading some years ago that McGrath played 50ish tests in a row which was a record for a fast bowler at the time. I imagine Anderson has broken that at some point.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Cook played 150+ consecutive tests in just 12 years. That's an insane effort. I recall reading some years ago that McGrath played 50ish tests in a row which was a record for a fast bowler at the time. I imagine Anderson has broken that at some point.
Kapil has that record at 66 tests. He also has the second highest streak for a fast bowler for a completely seperate 65 tests.

Those two streaks were separated by a break of a single match where he was dropped due to trumped up disciplinary charges.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kapil has that record at 66 tests. He also has the second highest streak for a fast bowler for a completely seperate 65 tests.

Those two streaks were separated by a break of a single match where he was dropped due to trumped up disciplinary charges.
Wasn't aware of that. Definitely do remember reading something about McGrath though. Of course whether Kapil being an Indian counts as a fast bowler or not is debatable. :ph34r:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Yeah, McGrath has the highest streak for a pure fast bowler (54) but is behind all rounders Kapil and Botham who were full time fast bowlers and should count for this and Kallis/Reid who should not count for this particular record.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain

If it wasn't for whoever who dropped him, he would have had 132 tests on a stretch, giving rest to all debates on this streak..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Murali - Warne - McGrath

Walsh

Anderson

Kumble - Broad
This although if you wanted to take your chances on someone having a mysterious power up and winning you the game in half an hour then Broad jumps the queue to 5th imo

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Kumble's home record is second only to Murali in terms of matches to wickets ratio. Knowing how Anderson and Broad go outside England, I'd put him above them, so..

McGrath
Warne
Murali
Walsh
Kumble
Anderson
Broad

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
3 ATGs and 4 ATVGs

The 3 all time greats are guaranteed picks for their country's all time XIs while the 4 very goods would be in their country's 2nd (or even 3rd) xi.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Kumble's home record is second only to Murali in terms of matches to wickets ratio. Knowing how Anderson and Broad go outside England, I'd put him above them, so..

McGrath
Warne
Murali
Walsh
Kumble
Anderson
Broad
Kumble's average outside India is 36. Anderson and Broad outside England both average 32.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
1-3 are clear, but the order can be debated.
Walsh is definitely 4th. 5-7 are also clear, but the order can be debated.