• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Random country draft

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
^ Done mate :cool:

1 Herbert Sutcliffe 4500+ runs @ 60
2 Virander Sehwag 6500+ runs @ 52 (traded with Himannv for Miandad)
3 Zaheer Abbas 5000+ runs @ 45
4 Brian Lara 10000+ runs @ 52
5 Jacques Kallis 10000+ runs @ 55, 261 wickets @ 31
6 Tillakaratne Dilshan (WK) 3500+ runs @ 43
7 Andrew Flintoff 3500 + runs @ 31 200+ wickets @32
8 Shane Warne 3000+ runs @ 17, 708 wickets @ 25
9 Anil Kumble 2500+ runs @ 17, 619 wickets @ 29
10 Jack Cowie 45 wickets @ 21
11 Courtney Walsh 519 wickets @ 24[

Himannv

International Coach
Your team looks improved zinzan and the order looks more balanced, so good bit of business I reckon. My batting lineup is a lot more complete now as well.

Jack Hobbs (5410 @ 56.94)
Barry Richards (508 @ 72.57)
Viv Richards* (8540 @ 50.23)
Javed Miandad (8832 @ 52.57)
Inzamam-ul-Haq (8829 @ 50.16)
Bert Sutcliffe (2727 @ 40.10)
Chaminda Vaas (3089 @ 24.32 | 355 @ 29.58)
Wasim Bari+ (1366 @ 15.88 | 201 ct, 27 st)
Andy Roberts (202 @ 25.61)
Jim Laker (193 @ 21.24)
Glenn McGrath (563 @ 21.64)

Matt79

Global Moderator
I'm not fussed, nor a dictator in this respect, I'm happy for majority opinion to prevail here. I vote for swap whatever you can persuade someone to sign up to.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Don't think it does at all tbh considering that everyone has already chosen and towards the end countries were being blended. Would however defeat the purpose of the mystery draft.

Himannv

International Coach
Well I'm open to riverting back to the original team if thats necessary. Sehwag isn't the worst guy to have around after all.

So, are we voting on this? A few people mentioned that they felt it should be swaps within a particular country. Me, my vote is for international negotiations.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd vote in favour of the 48hrs to swap before a vote if people want. That said, don't think I'll be voting to swap any of my players, I'm pretty happy with my team.
^ Is the reason Himannv & I traded players

Are we allowed to swap across countries? As one of the posters said, does seem to defeat the nature of the draft... :confused:
Yup, we could do it exactly the same way we've done every other random draft, or we could be unique & do something a bit different. HB, if it's a fuss to you, we can always swap back.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
^ Is the reason Himannv & I traded players

Yup, we could do it exactly the same way we've done every other random draft, or we could be unique & do something a bit different. HB, if it's a fuss to you, we can always swap back.
not a fuss per se... But I think the point was to have one from each of the top 8 countries and now you don't have one from Pak.

anyways, looks like most of you are in favor of it. So I guess it is on. :)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If there was going to be a swap then we might as well have gone for the best players instead of a balanced side which some preferred and trade the players accordingly.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Let's put a deadline on further swaps then - sometime tomorrow morning (roughly 24hrz from now) will consider teams to be finalized and put up a poll. If I can get VC4 to work again, might sim some matches as well.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Let's put a deadline on further swaps then - sometime tomorrow morning (roughly 24hrz from now) will consider teams to be finalized and put up a poll. If I can get VC4 to work again, might sim some matches as well.
I think simming AND having a poll is the best way to finish off drafts, if you have the time. :)

Himannv

International Coach
I dont think there are many likely changes and my team looks pretty strong now so no more changes are likely from my part.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Well if trading is on I'd like to offer Somerset Knott for Gilchrist. Given your batting line-up, you're not going to get the best out of Gilly, whilst having the best keeper available in Knott would maximize the effectiveness of your bowling attack.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if trading is on I'd like to offer Somerset Knott for Gilchrist. Given your batting line-up, you're not going to get the best out of Gilly, whilst having the best keeper available in Knott would maximize the effectiveness of your bowling attack.
I just wanted to bat as deep as possible to be honest so I will have to decline that offer, sorry. Although if someone was to offer a bowler or a batsman who offered a better part-time option than Thilan Samaraweera I might reconsider that strategy...

Matt79

Global Moderator
Will stick up the poll in a couple of hours. Will take the teams as finalised at sixty minutes after I make this post, so you have an hour left if you want to change anything.