• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Random country draft

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Surprised Compton wasn't selected last round.

Anyway need an opener so Saeed Anwar it is.

1.W.G.Grace 1098 @ 32.29, 9 @ 26.22
2.Saeed Anwar 4052 @ 45.52
3.George Headley 2190 @ 60.83
4.Rahul Dravid 11395 @ 53.75
5.Aravinda De Silva 6361 @ 42.97, 29 @ 41.65
6.Kieth Miller 2958 @ 36.97, 170 @ 22.97
7.Alan Knott 4389 @ 32.75, 250 catches 19 stumpings
8.Mike Procter 226 @ 25.11, 41 @ 15.02
9.Richard Hadlee 3124 @ 27.16, 431 @ 22.29
10.Wasim Akram 2898 @ 22.64, 414 @ 23.62
11.Sonny Ramadhin 361 @ 8.20, 158 @ 28.98

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Hmm not a great group for me either. Was hoping a second Australian group would come up as they've plenty more bowling options to choose from for my final player.

Himannv

International Coach
Have to admit, I was hoping for South Africa lol.. But I think most of the big picks have been made so far for my team.. Give me a few minutes to make my decision.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Was hoping for Australia too tbh. Anwar's good, no doubt, but would of loved to have gotten Hayden or Trumper.

Himannv

International Coach
Going for Wasim Bari although, have to say I was tempted by Mahes Goonatilleke. Went for experience in the end.

Jack Hobbs (5410 @ 56.94)
Barry Richards (508 @ 72.57)
Viv Richards* (8540 @ 50.23)
Inzamam-ul-Haq (8829 @ 50.16)
Virender Sehwag (6691 @ 53.52)
Bert Sutcliffe (2727 @ 40.10)
Chaminda Vaas (3089 @ 24.32 | 355 @ 29.58)
Wasim Bari+ (1366 @ 15.88 | 201 ct, 27 st)
Andy Roberts (202 @ 25.61)
Jim Laker (193 @ 21.24)
Glenn McGrath (563 @ 21.64)

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Pretty glad that I left my keeper for this final round. Though it might get a bit tight looking at some of the combination of countries there. Can see that quite a few teams are going to look a tad lightweight after this round.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Actually, having given it some thought, I can see an alternative. I'll make my pick now, as I'm about to go to bed and HB already has a keeper. I'll take Rashid Latif as my keeper - probably as accomplished a glivesman as I'll get at this stage and an interesting character to boot. If HB does want Latif, I'll take Kamran Akmal.

Greenidge
Boycott
Weekes
Jayawardene
Donnelly
Imran*
Kapil Dev
Latif+
Donald
O'Reilly
Barnes

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Actually, having given it some thought, I can see an alternative. I'll make my pick now, as I'm about to go to bed and HB already has a keeper. I'll take Rashid Latif as my keeper - probably as accomplished a glivesman as I'll get at this stage and an interesting character to boot. If HB does want Latif, I'll take Kamran Akmal.
????

Better keepers than him still left tbh.

Himannv

International Coach
Agree with G.I.Joe. Akmal is nowhere near the top rung as far as available keepers are concerned this round. Still, Latif is a fair pick I reckon.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mudassar Nazar it is then.. Love my side!!! :)

Sanath Jayasuriya
Mudassar Nazar
Martin Crowe*
Mushtaq Mohammed
Ken Barrington
Clyde Walcott +
Tony Greig
Shaun Pollock
Ian Bishop
Dennis Lillee
Bhagwat Chandrasekhar

Awesome line up, so many good to decent bowling options, decent to good lower order batting as well... Covered most bases, I feel.. :)

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Re Akmal - it was 2am and I was falling asleep, and I was pretty sure HB wouldn't take Latif as he had a keeper already. Just wante to stick an alternative down to conform to the forms. ;)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll go with Mohammad Asif.

Glenn Turner
Vijay Hazare
Graeme Pollock
Mohammad Yousuf
Sir Frank Worrell
Sir Garfield Sobers
Thilan Samaraweera
Adam Gilchrist
Wilfred Rhodes
George Lohmann
Mohammad Asif

Himannv

International Coach
Good final pick Somerset. He was probably one of the better options available. Bit top heavy as far as balance goes I reckon.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Good final pick Somerset. He was probably one of the better options available. Bit top heavy as far as balance goes I reckon.
I don't think my side will be bowled out cheaply too often but having only four genuine bowling options and relying on Worrell and Samaraweera for part-time options is admittedly a huge risk.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The only combination of countries,i did not want has come out and i go last. damn!

I thought we were going according to a order?

Have to seriously reassess my options and balance now.