• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Random Country Draft - The Football Version

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
SO ARE ONLY THOSE who represented Yugoslavia as a whole available or those that have represented a country that was a part of old yugoslavia?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SO ARE ONLY THOSE who represented Yugoslavia as a whole available or those that have represented a country that was a part of old yugoslavia?
Already answered
Originally meant only Yugoslavia 1920-92, but I think lumping the sucessor states together is fair.
So that's Yugoslavia, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Bosnia & Hercegovina, Croatia and FYR Macedonia. Now search ;)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Oops ! Missed that post from Indipiper.

Will go for Dragan Dzajic ,sonsidered the best yugoslavian player ever. Got most caps for the yugoslav team . His scoring record of 1 in every 2 matches is phenomenal for a Left Winger.

Was torn between him and another player who i think would certainly be better recognised here ,but decided to go for him because he has a unquestionable pedigree.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Think the real class players are mostly gone now (and I suspect Yugoslav playmakers won't be valued fairly), so will wait for deeper pools and shore up a potentially troublesome postiion.

Nemanja Vidić

(would have picked Džajić if I got the chance though)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I thought we were going in the order given above?
Yeah, cavalier disregard for draft order.

Where are we now?

Clapo - Davor Šuker
Cevno - Dragan Džajić
BoyBrumby - Zvonimir Boban
Samuel_Vimes - Nemanja Vidić
Indipper - Bernard Vukas
GingerFurball - Vladimir Jugović
Ausage - Luka Modrić
Matteh - Siniša Mihajlović
Retox - Edin Džeko
sledger

Think the sensible thing to do here is to plough on and let sledger pick, unless GF wants any one of Ausage's, Matteh's or Retox' picks.

Last edited:

Indipper

State Regular
There are enough quality Hungarians for all of us. Even if not all of them played with Di Stefano.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Twice world cup finalists, tbf. Hungary have produced a shed load of genuine greats, even if most are lining up for the Heaven XI now.