• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quiz Draft

Howe_zat

Audio File
Quiz Round 8

1. Which cricketing record was first achieved in 2005, and is currently held by Shahid Afridi?

2. Who was the last Test batsman to be out "handled the ball"?

3. Which former India player was Pakistan's first captain?

4. Name one of the English cities/grounds to have hosted exactly one Test match.

5. Who, when asked about the pressures of the game, responded "Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse, playing cricket is not"?

6. Which Australian state team did Wes Hall, Ian Botham and Viv Richards play first-class cricket for?

7. Which family of five siblings have all represented Ireland? (Give the surname)

8. Who bowled the infamous underarm delivery against NZ in 1981?

9. At which ground did Don Bradman hit a then-record nine centuries?

10. Which Indian has the record for playing the most ODIs without ever appearing in the World Cup?

Tie-breaker: How many Ashes matches have there been?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
1. Which cricketing record was first achieved in 2005, and is currently held by Shahid Afridi?

2. Who was the last Test batsman to be out "handled the ball"?

3. Which former India player was Pakistan's first captain?

4. Name one of the English cities/grounds to have hosted exactly one Test match.

5. Who, when asked about the pressures of the game, responded "Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse, playing cricket is not"?

6. Which Australian state team did Wes Hall, Ian Botham and Viv Richards play first-class cricket for?

7. Which family of five siblings have all represented Ireland? (Give the surname)

8. Who bowled the infamous underarm delivery against NZ in 1981?

9. At which ground did Don Bradman hit a then-record nine centuries?

10. Which Indian has the record for playing the most ODIs without ever appearing in the World Cup?

Tie-breaker: How many Ashes matches have there been?
3, 5, 8 and 9 are pretty-straightforward for me; can guess 10 and possibly 7; will have to think about 1 and 2...no idea about 4 and 6...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Sent. A good combination of questions I'm sure of, questions I think I'm sure of, questions I'm making educated guesses at and questions where I haven't a clue.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I actually won a ticket from CW for the only test at one of the English grounds. Unfortunately couldn't go, so gave it to a friend. :(

Himannv

International Coach
I'll read them again and send something tomorrow morning once my brain starts working again.

Not that it would help.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I appear to have bodged with my scheduling here. I'm afraid I won't be able to access a proper computer over the weekend, so either results Will have to wait until Monday, or I'll need a volunteer to help out. Sorry about this.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I appear to have bodged with my scheduling here. I'm afraid I won't be able to access a proper computer over the weekend, so either results Will have to wait until Monday, or I'll need a volunteer to help out. Sorry about this.
Email me the correct answers and tweet me the password and I'll fire up the results tomorrow after work.