• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarter-finals

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ken Early has predicted that Cabaye will spot Neuer wandering into defence today and score the winner from his own half. The thought of that happening has got me really excited about the match.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pains me to say it, but I really fancy the French today. Really think Jerry's lack of pace is going to be their undoing. Deschamps must move Benzema back to the middle.

Low strikes one as an inflexible soul (I mean, he still has that haircut...), but surely Sammy K into the middle and Lahm to right back is just so screamingly obvious?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Low strikes one as an inflexible soul (I mean, he still has that haircut...), but surely Sammy K into the middle and Lahm to right back is just so screamingly obvious?
We've been saying it all tournament, but the pundits who really know their way around German football all seem to agree he should stay in the middle. Khedira and Schwein, as well as being unfit, apparently did a disastrous job of that role in qualifying. Dunno if I'm convinced but it's maybe not as obvious as it seems.

I'm on the France+Colombia double too, but I have a feeling Deschamps will start Giroud, which looks like a mistake to me.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Does Neuer play that far away from goal normally? Is he just making up for the lack of pace in front of him? They look beatable if France turns up.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Not sure Germany have raised expectations enough to crash out yet. Can see them routing the French today then getting destroyed in the semis.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'm not making any bets on the quarters specifically as I suck at football betting but I still have my pre-WC outrights on France/Netherlands to win the cup - both at 25/1ish and Robben for Golden Ball at 41/1 all of which are reasonably alive.

Let's go! :)

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We've been saying it all tournament, but the pundits who really know their way around German football all seem to agree he should stay in the middle. Khedira and Schwein, as well as being unfit, apparently did a disastrous job of that role in qualifying. Dunno if I'm convinced but it's maybe not as obvious as it seems.
Well I guess we will find out now.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Thanks for the documentary recommendation guys (30/30 the two escobars). It was excellent. Colombia definitely the team I'm rooting for the most now.