• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarter Finals

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I think the French keeper made an utter horlicks of that - committed way too far left, for way too long, and was totally off balance at the point Alonso met his head when it was clear to everyone that he'd be meeting it and heading at goal.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was a trifle dull, hope our French cousins can get their derrieres in gear in the second half.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think the French keeper made an utter horlicks of that - committed way too far left, for way too long, and was totally off balance at the point Alonso met his head when it was clear to everyone that he'd be meeting it and heading at goal.
Perhaps could have done a bit better, but I don't think it was too much of a gaffe.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Spain are so tedious, scored a goal the only time they tried to and now they can kill the game. Was a pretty good argument for the no-striker formation though tbf- the French defence had no idea who was going to arrive in the box or when they'd get there.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Perhaps could have done a bit better, but I don't think it was too much of a gaffe.
Not a total gaffe but I thought it was pretty poor and it annoys me how the commentators don't pick up on keepers' positional errors at all.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I hate the way Spain play, they are infuriating to watch.

And speaking of infuriating, Malouda and Benzema are doing a pretty fine job at that too.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Granted, it probably looked better than it was as he actually recovered from being out of position relatively well, just by the time he got back to where he ought to have been his balance was shot.

Edit: Jamie Carragher giving us another rendition of the best scouse accent in the world once again. Sounds like he's constantly trying to cough up something that didn't disagree with him.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can't blame the Spanish for the French being mardy-arsed jibbers. They've offered nothing.

Showing all the fight they're renowned for.

Scaly piscine

Yea France have been ****. Hope they can shrug their shoulders and put the white flag away for the second half.

grecian

I'm trying desperately not to type Cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys.

Oh damn I failed again :(

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Granted, it probably looked better than it was as he actually recovered from being out of position relatively well, just by the time he got back to where he ought to have been his balance was shot.

Edit: Jamie Carragher giving us another rendition of the best scouse accent in the world once again. Sounds like he's constantly trying to cough up something that didn't disagree with him.
Forget his accent, him and Roy Keane have been great pundits

Scaly piscine

Abject. And **** off ITV commentators using great with these ****ing fluke merchants - this makes it about 3 knockout matches they've deserved to win over the last 4-5 years.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I love watching Ronaldo fail but he's much better to watch than this **** shower. I hope he rips them to shreds.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's been grim in the extreme. Some of us are old enough to remember how much flack Italy used to take when they were the kings of defensiveness, but reckon this lot are just as unwatchable. How many one-nils in knock-out games would it have been without that irrelevant last minute penalty?

Apart from that Ribery must be the most over-rated played in world football, bar none.

And htf did France rack up 21 games unbeaten leading up to these finals?