• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quality control draft 2.0

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BTW, for me Saqlain as 2nd spinner is pretty good too. 2nd spinner will come into play when there is assistance from the pitch, and when there is, Saqlain is going to be very dangerous. I always rate him highly. He nailed Indian batsmen in India with 4 fivers in 2 games.
Yes, your bowling attack is excellent. Better than mine I'd say.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Bill Edrich (40-44)

Jack Hobbs
Trevor Goddard
Kane Williamson
Kevin Pietersen
Bill Edrich
Brian McMillian
Mark Boucher
Jofra Archer
Rangana Herath
Muttiah Muralitharan
Courtney Walsh

srbhkshk

International Captain
Lance Klusener

Sunil Gavaskar
Vinoo Mankad (6)
Ian Bell
Graeme Pollock
Ben Stokes (3)
Adam Gilchrist +
Lance Klusener (7)
Ravindra Jadeja (4)
Pat Cummins (1)
Trent Boult (2)
Nathan Lyon (5)

It's probably decent but idk.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Bruce Yardley, who bowled quiet a lot with Lillee & Thommo, to do the duty of 2nd spinner in my team.

CricZo XI

Len Hutton /
Graham Gooch /
Frank Worrell / o (c)
Martin Crowe /
Frank Woolley / o
Ian Botham / o
Ian Healy + /
Bruce Yardley o /
Dennis Lillee o
Bill O'Reilly o
Jeff Thomson o

- ATG openers in Hutton & Gooch
- Legendary Worrell to lead the team and bat at No.3, will be supported by Martin Crowe and Frank Woolley
- One of the ATG all rounder in Ian Botham to bat at No.3 and do the duty of 3rd seamer in the team
- Ian Healy is considered as one of the finest gloveman and did play crucial match saving or match winning knocks in the 90s
- Bill O'Reilly needs no introduction and Bruce Yardley took almost 4 wickets a match that too in the presence of Lillee & Thommo which speaks how effective he was and he did very well with the bat too
- Extremely happy with the fiery pace attack of Dennis Lillee, Jeff Thomson & Ian Botham - which is enough to destroy many top orders

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fred Titmus (31+ bowling)
To quote the legendary Half Man Half Biscuit's song about the great man, ****in' 'ell. Not the first time I've been thwarted, but happily it will be the last!

Instead I'll go for Paul Strang (bowling 31+) to round out the team.

Which leaves me with this XI:

Bill Lawry* LHB 5234 runs @ 47.15
Ravi Shastri RHB 3860 @ 35.79; SLA 151 wickets @ 40.97
David Boon RHB 7422 @ 43.66
Jacques Kallis RHB 13,289 @ 55.37; RFM 292 @ 32.65
Mike Hussey RHB 6235 @ 51.53; RM 7 @ 43.71
Andrew Flintoff RHB 3845 @ 31.78; RF 226 @ 32.79
BJ Watling+ RHB 3658 @ 38.51; 231 catches, 8 stumpings
Paul Strang RHB 839 @ 27.06; LB 70 @ 36.03
Hedley Verity RHB 669 @ 20.91; SLA 144 @ 24.38
Joel Garner RHB 672 @ 12.44; RF 259 @ 20.98
Morne Morkel LHB 944 @ 11.65; RF 309 @ 27.67

Actually probably turned out better than I was fearing at one point. Very solid top four, none of whom gave their wicket away, and a middle order to possibly quicken the scoring to take the game away from the oppo, and a keeper who can bat time with the lower order if needs be. Hussey also one of the best tail shepherders out there too.

Three big, tall genuine quicks to put the fear of god into any batsman, and Kallis's underrated and brisk swing to utilise conditions that are conducive.

Three viable spinning options, so an XI that could be effective on the subcontinent too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honest Hunks

Shane Watson
Simon Katich
Wally Hammond (vc)
Michael Bevan
Doug Walters
Rishabh Pant (wk)
Tony Greig ©
Sam Curran
Mitch Starc
Subhash Gupte
Jasprit Bumrah

Love this side. Bumrah and Starc with the new ball and then later on when the ball can reverse. Can take the pitch out of the equation anywhere with their pace, bounce and yorkers as well as ability to seam AND swing the ball both ways. If there is any swing, a succession of excellent fast medium to medium fast bowlers in Greig, Curran, Watson, Hammond, Walters will ensure there is literally no respite for any batting side. Of course, if there is spin, Gupte, Bevan and Katich will ensure no one goes big with their wrist spin and Greig will chip in with his offspin for good measure. And with batting down till #9 and some of the ATGs in that line up, I never have to worry about getting enough runs on any track to ensure this great attack can take care of the rest.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Cool, I'll take fawad alam as my 32-36 pick.

1.Virender Sehwag
2.Warren Bardsley
3.Hashim Amla
4.Steven Smith
5.Fawad Alam
6.MS Dhoni +
7.Monty Noble 5
8.Richard Hadlee 1
9.Graeme Swann 4
10.Michael Holding 2
11.Ishant Sharma 3

Think I've got one of the better bowling attacks, batting is a bit weak though.

Also on the topic of picks, surprised noene picked ajay Sharma. The >32 bracket mostly went to WK's or 65th bowlers but still a bit weird to see noene draft him, think it was a great draft in the scheme of things.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought Graeme Wood might get picked. Opening bat who hit 9 centuries and averaged 31. 9 centuries is surely the most anyone got in that category

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honest Hunks

Shane Watson
Simon Katich
Wally Hammond (vc)
Michael Bevan
Doug Walters
Rishabh Pant (wk)
Tony Greig ©
Sam Curran
Mitch Starc
Subhash Gupte
Jasprit Bumrah

Love this side. Bumrah and Starc with the new ball and then later on when the ball can reverse. Can take the pitch out of the equation anywhere with their pace, bounce and yorkers as well as ability to seam AND swing the ball both ways. If there is any swing, a succession of excellent fast medium to medium fast bowlers in Greig, Curran, Watson, Hammond, Walters will ensure there is literally no respite for any batting side. Of course, if there is spin, Gupte, Bevan and Katich will ensure no one goes big with their wrist spin and Greig will chip in with his offspin for good measure. And with batting down till #9 and some of the ATGs in that line up, I never have to worry about getting enough runs on any track to ensure this great attack can take care of the rest.
9/11 all rounders. So close.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Lindsay Hassett (Bat 44-48) will be my final selection please

Charter 77 Final XI

Barry Richards
John Wright
Viv Richards (7)
Lindsay Hassett (*)
John R. Reid (6)
Les Ames (+)
Wilfred Rhodes (4)
George Lohmann (1)
Peter Pollock (2)
Ted McDonald (3)
Bishen Bedi (5)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I think only @Michaelf7777777 is left to complete his XI.
All complete.

<-bat
bowl->
>5248-5244-4840-4436-4032-36<32<2323-2727-31>31
ankitj11George HeadleySteve WaughClive LlyodMichael SlaterQ de KockSadiq MohammadAlan DavidsonC AmbroseC GrimmettS MushtaqJack Gregory
ataraxia11Brian LaraNeil HarveyArthur MorrisRoy FredericksW ArmstrongChris CairnsBilly WadeGlenn McGrathWasim AkramAnil KumbleJohn Goddard
BoyBrumby11Jacques KallisMike HusseyBill LawryDavid BoonBJ WatlingRavi ShastriAndrew FlintoffJoel GarnerHedley VerityMorne MorkelPaul Strang
Fuller Pilch11K SangakkaraMichael ClarkeTed DexterC MacartneyVictor TrumperWG GraceJohn WaiteNeil AdcockRyan HarrisH LarwoodAbdul Qadir
Himannv11S TendulkarBruce MitchellDavid GowerHanif MohammedImran KhanCB FryF EngineerAllan DonaldShoaib AkhtarE PrasannaMark Wood
honestbharani11W HammondDoug WaltersSimon KatichTony GreigRishabh PantShane WatsonMichael BevanJasprit BumrahMitch StarcSubhash GupteSam Curran
JOJOXI11Everton WeekesAndy FlowerG GreenidgeIan ChappellLarry GomesArchie MacLarenMike ProcterShane BondRay LindwallS MacGillFred Titmus
kingkallis11Len HuttonFrank WorrellMartin CroweGraham GoochFrank WoolleyIan BothamIan HealyBill O'ReillyDennis LilleeJeff ThomsonBruce Yardley
Michaelf777777711Barry Richards Viv RichardsLindsay Hassett Les AmesJohn WrightJohn R. ReidWilfred RhodesG LohmannPeter PollockBishen Bedi T McDonald
mr_mister11Greg ChappellRicky PontingBob SimpsonAravinda De SilvaKeith MillerAllan KnottTrevor BaileySydney BarnesAndy RobertsB ChandraArthur Mailey
Nintendo11Steve SmithV SehwagHashim AmlaW BardsleyMS DhoniFawad AlamMonty NobleRichard HadleeMichael HoldingGraeme SwannIshant Sharma
Pothas11Gary SobersAllan BorderRohan KanhaiMark TaylorMush MohammedA ShrewsburryJock CameronV PhilanderWaqar YounisStuart BroadMush Ahmed
srbhkshk11Graeme PollockS GavaskarAdam GilchristIan BellBen StokesLance KlusenerVinoo MankadPat CumminsRavi JadejaTrent BoultNathan Lyon
stephen11Herb SutcliffeS ChanderpaulJustin LangerMark WaughShakib Al HasanMike GattingJeff DujonM MarshallShaun PollockMitch JohnsonHarbhajan
Teuton11Ken BarringtonD ComptonPeter MayDesmond HaynesAlec StewartJonny BairstowKapil DevFred TruemanShane WarneLance GibbsSarfraz Nawaz
trundler11Clyde WalcottAB de VilliersGeoff BoycottA FaulknerClem HillTom HaywardRichie BenaudDale SteynBrian StathamC McDermottD Vettori
weeman27bob11Jack HobbsK WilliamsonKevin PietersenBill EdrichBrian McMillanTrevor GoddardM BoucherM MuralitharanCourtney WalshR HerathJofra Archer
All1717171717171717171717

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
For some reason I don't see this thread on the forum page.

Edit: think it was because mr_mister got added to my ignore list by accident haha

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The biggest unselected surprises for me were Joe Root (47.99) in the 44-48 group, Vengsakar in 40-44s, and Prasanna Jayawardene as an under 32 keeper.