• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quality control draft 2.0

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Mine was Trumper, a few others who I was think wanted Trumper too but that was a very good pick by Fuller Pilch to time his selection of him perfectly.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Fred Titmus (31+ bowling)

Archie MacLaren

Gordon Greenidge

Ian Chappel (c)

Everton Weekes

Larry Gomes

Andy Flower (wk)

Mike Proctor (3)

Ray Lindwall (1)

Fred Titmus (4)

Shane Bond (2)

Stuart MacGill (5)

Happier with this side then I thought I might have been a few rounds from the end. Archie MacLaren with a solid Test average considering the era (1890s and 1900s) his average goes up from 33.87 to 37.29 when considering only the innings he has opened in too. He will be partnered with an ATG at the other end in Gordon Greenidge.

In Ian Chappell we have a good captain and a player who averages 50 at captain and a smidge over 50 as a number 3. Everton Weekes a brilliant batsman to follow him at number 4. Larry Gomes follows them and whilst I wouldn't claim him to be an ATG or anything he averaged over 70 in Australia and over 50 in England and was able to score tough runs. Then we have Flower coming at 6 giving us a great batting option down at 6 and he will take the gloves too.

Proctor, Lindwall and Bond give us a great seam attack and whilst there perhaps isn't a Marshall, McGrath quality of bowler here they are all very good bowlers in their own right and Proctor and Lindwall both ensure our batting remains strong with them batting at 7 and 8.

Stuart MacGill gives us variety and a real attacking threat with his legspin and Fred Titmus provides us with great economy (going at under 2 an over in Test Cricket) and he can allow us to dry up runs when necessary or pair up with MacGill if the pitch is offering massive help to the spinners. Titmus adds a little bit of batting too to ensure we have a credible number 9 to give Proctor and Lindwall some support.

Perhaps lacks a top tier name with the bowling but a 5 man bowling attack whilst still having depth with the batting and no massive weak link in the bowling leaves me content if not ecstatic with this side.

ataraxia

International Coach
1) Arthur Morris /
2) Roy Fredericks /
3) Brian Lara /
4) Neil Harvey /
5) Warwick Armstrong* / o
6) Billy Wade / +
7) Chris Cairns o /
8) John Goddard / o
9) Wasim Akram o /
10) Anil Kumble o
11) Glenn McGrath o

Weird side that looks horrible compared to others.

The batting AR at 8 gives me a point of difference.

Wade averages 48 in FC cricket and didn't concede a bye in an enormous test innings by England.

Perhaps this side symbolises a new era of drafting - it may not have a star keeper or ARs, but they sure do work well as bits-and-pieces players.

And ok batting, great bowling - don't gloss over that.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Slater
Sadiq Mohammad
George Headley
Clive Llyod (c)
Steve Waugh
Quinton de Kock (wk)
Alan Davidson (2)
Jack Gregory (3)
Saqlain Mushtaq (5)
Clarrie Grimmet (4)
Curtly Ambrose (1)

Great unit I feel. That's it. That's the write up.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Herb Sutcliffe (52+)
Justin Langer (44-48)
Mike Gatting (32-36)
Mark Waugh (40-44)
Shivnarine Chanderpaul (48-52)
Shakib Al Hasan (36-40)
Jeff Dujon (<32)
Shaun Pollock (23-27)
Mitchell Johnson (27-31)
Malcolm Marshall (<23)
Harbhajan Singh (>31)

I'm very happy with my side. I might not have the best batting in my top 6 but I have by far the strongest tail. I'm still pretty happy with the balance of my batting. Gatting at 3 the obvious weakness but the opening pair is more than enough to see off the new ball and having Chanderpaul down the order plays into the strength of my tail. It's the kind of side that turns 3/180 into 500 regularly.

The bowling here is what I think is the true strength of the side. Marshall tests batsmen through pace and swing. Pollock through unrelenting accuracy, extra bounce and movement off the seam. Johnson brings the fire with sheer left armed pace, bringing different angles into play from the right handers. And if he's having a bad day Shakib and Harbhajan are more than enough bowling cover for him. Speaking of, this spin attack takes the ball away from both left and right hander and excels in Asian conditions.

It's probably the most versatile 5 man bowling attack, each asking different questions of batsmen.

All in all I'm quite chuffed with this side. Even the weakest links are proven players who add something unique to the team.

stephen

Michael Slater
Sadiq Mohammad
George Headley
Clive Llyod (c)
Steve Waugh
Quinton de Kock (wk)
Alan Davidson (2)
Jack Gregory (3)
Saqlain Mushtaq (5)
Clarrie Grimmet (4)
Curtly Ambrose (1)

Great unit I feel. That's it. That's the write up.
Probably the best top 3 bowlers in this comp, though Davidson in your top 7 would have diminished this side if it wasn't for Gregory.

stephen

Your #11 has couple of test hundreds haha
Yep. Honestly if I had have known I'd get both Johnson and Harbhajan if have probably taken Waqar over Pollock. But there's something that feels a little off about having Marshall and Waqar. A little too swing reliant.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom Hayward
Geoff Boycott
Clem Hill
Clyde Walcott
Aubrey Faulkner
AB De Villiers+
Richie Benaud
Dan Vettori
Brian Statham
Dale Steyn
Craig McDermott

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom Hayward
Geoff Boycott
Clem Hill
Clyde Walcott
Aubrey Faulkner
AB De Villiers+
Richie Benaud
Dan Vettori
Brian Statham
Dale Steyn
Craig McDermott
I like the look of the batting. Noble or Cairns would've been perfect for my balance but alas. Looks a bit spin heavy as of now perhaps but decent pace trio too. I am pleased with the team but **** me, there are some epic teams. Kudos, lads.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Probably the best top 3 bowlers in this comp, though Davidson in your top 7 would have diminished this side if it wasn't for Gregory.
BTW, for me Saqlain as 2nd spinner is pretty good too. 2nd spinner will come into play when there is assistance from the pitch, and when there is, Saqlain is going to be very dangerous. I always rate him highly. He nailed Indian batsmen in India with 4 fivers in 2 games.