• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quality control draft 2.0

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds good.

Bob Simpson *
Trevor Bailey 4
Ricky Ponting
Greg Chappell
Aravinda De Silva
Keith Miller 3
Allan Knott +
Andy Roberts 2
Sydney Barnes 1
Arthur Mailey 6
Bhagwat Chandrashekhar 5

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Nice horse trading going on! :)

I will wait out my time as there are 3 of us who will pick from the 32-36 slot.

mr_mister

Amongst Indians is there an offical pecking order of Chandra/Bedi/Prasanna or are they all considered about equal?

Himannv

International Coach
Amongst Indians is there an offical pecking order of Chandra/Bedi/Prasanna or are they all considered about equal?
Not an Indian but I have an opinion on them.

Not much in it. Bedi and Chandra considered marginally better I think.
Personally I think it's Prasanna > Chandra > Bedi from the limited footage I've seen of them. Not much in it between Prasanna and Chandra in my view but I don't think all that highly of Bedi.

Himannv

International Coach
01. Bruce Mitchell
02. Hanif Mohammed
03. David Gower
04. Sachin Tendulkar
05. C.B. Fry
06. Farokh Engineer+
07. Imran Khan*
08. Mark Wood
09. Erapalli Prasanna
10. Shoaib Akhtar
11. Allan Donald

Himannv

International Coach
I really liked the kind of flight Bedi bowled with. He sort of put in a nice loop to it and I think he was clever with where he pitched the ball so that the batsmen had to deal with the turn more. He looked flashier than the other two but was slower through the air.

If you saw him only at the point of release, you'd think Chandra bowled pace. He had a real whiplash kind of release (a bit like Tanvir) and bowled it quicker than the other two. He spun it less than the other two but I felt he was quite hard to deal with due to his natural action and speed.

Prasanna was like a combination of the other two. Quicker through the air than Bedi but not as quick as Chandra. He had good flight and bowled nice lines with clever little variations to pick up wickets.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol yeah.. why else wud I put that smiley? Ian Chappell tends to go on ad nauseum about how Prasanna was the best of the quartet.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Pothas

Arthur Shrewsbury
Mark Taylor
Rohan Kanhai
Allan Border
Garry Sobers
Mushtaq Mohammad
Jock Cameron
Vernon Philander
Stuart Broad
Mushtaq Ahmed
Waqar Younis

Fun draft this one and not the sort of team I would usually pick at all. Batting is pretty great, bowling not going to be as strong as others but tons of options there and really nice contrast of styles from the seamers.