• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predictions for England winter tours in IND & PAK

cricket player

International Debutant
Will I tend to agree with you in this case hoggard is better bowler then naved ul hasan.

Mind you pakistan has a good chance winning the test series.

Swervy

International Captain
Armadillo said:
Ok then lets match them up

Trescothick beats Butt
Strauss is a more reliable and sensible player than Afridi (edited)
Vaughans overall achievements and averages are better than Younis' (edited)
Youhana beats Bell
Inzi beats Pieterson mostly through experiece though Pieterson has potential
Freddie beats Razzaq, though narrowly
Jones is a better batsman but Akmal has better keeping skills, they tie
Naved ul Hasan beats Hoggard
Kaneria beats Gilo, due to effectiveness
Jones beats Sami
Shoaib (on top form and fitness) beats Harmy

So you see its not quite as one sided as Wahindiawah seems to have pointed out, infact its quite the opposite
I think youll this quite fair, anyone who disagrees id like to hear your views
Ive edited some of these due to comments

this is classic comedy at its best...he hehehehe..Flintoff beats Razzaq, though narrowly...hehehehehe...great stuff :D

Swervy

International Captain
godofcricket said:
Well if thats one-day then i will pick afridi anyday over strauss at this moment.
strange for such a competent opener Afridi only averages 25 opening the batting in ODI's...Strauss averages over 13 more....

Afridi is merely a novelty slogger, Strauss is a genuine batsman

godofcricket

State 12th Man
cricket player said:
freddie will has an upper hand of razzaq but only by a little margain.
Do u even watch cricket??? Razzaq is no where near as useful as flintoff (currently).............ur a joker!!!!

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Swervy said:
strange for such a competent opener Afridi only averages 25 opening the batting in ODI's...Strauss averages over 13 more....

Afridi is merely a novelty slogger, Strauss is a genuine batsman
Well the thing is i am not comparing their overall career........i am comparing last 15 to 20 matches, in which i feel afridi has been very very effective.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Swervy said:
this is classic comedy at its best...he hehehehe..Flintoff beats Razzaq, though narrowly...hehehehehe...great stuff :D
I like the idea that we'll be playing 4 seamers!

Swervy

International Captain
godofcricket said:
Well the thing is i am not comparing their overall career........i am comparing last 15 to 20 matches, in which i feel afridi has been very very effective.
its almost like saying Russian roulette is a very effective way to have nice safe fun at a party because the last 3 goes didnt kill anyone.

The guy will never ever be a reliable player..sure he will do something every now and again, but he isnt the type of batsman you would back to get your team out of a bad situation..and more often than not, good bowling will get him out

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Swervy said:
The guy will never ever be a reliable player..sure he will do something every now and again, but he isnt the type of batsman you would back to get your team out of a bad situation..and more often than not, good bowling will get him out
Well i think wolmer has worked quite alot on him knowing how useful he can get, not only with the bat but with the ball aswell. But as we are comparing their batting then i feel Afridi has been more effective recently, and i see a more mature approach in his style........strauss isnt doing wonders with the bat either for some time........so currently i would go for Afridi who has been scoring runs in the opening slot which has enabled the Pak team to score big runs.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
Afridi clearly beats strauss with bowling abilitie and also batting,but Afridi has to be abit consistent with batting.
Vaughan is no better then Younis khan speaking of current form,Younis khan will clearly beat vaughan at any day
freddie will has an upper hand of razzaq but only by a little margain.
1. I'm not arguing about Strauss & Afridi's bowling ability but Strauss is much better batsman than Afridi surely, a matter of fact any proper batsman that bats with a degree of common sense in international cricket today is a better batsman than Afridi

2. Pleasseeeeeeee :sleep:

3. A little come on thats an understatement.........

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Which of course clearly explains why Australia annihilated England but Pakistan took them right to the wire... oh wait...
Not that I agree with him but Pakistan were playing in australia and England are playing at home.

cricket player

International Debutant
aussie said:
, a matter of fact any proper batsman that bats with a degree of common sense in international cricket today is a better batsman than Afridi.........
proper batsman that bats a degree common sense in internationa cricket today is a better batsman than afridi?

A proper common sense batsman wont able to hit Bret lee and Mcgrath for brilliant sixes over cover.

With out a degree of common sense I dont think you can hit mcgrath for a six over cover or make 50 from 25 balls againts australia. :D

Beleg

International Regular
If it is the time for silly comparison's,

Here's my Pakistan/England mix 11.

1. Strauss
2. Trescothic
3. Vaughan
4. Inzamam
5. Youhana
6. Kamal
7. Flintoff
8. Jones/Akmal
9. Harmisson
10. Akhtar
11. Simon Jones

The only questionable choice probably is Kamal, but I believe him to be a better (or at least equal) batsman to Peiterson. If Graham Thorpe had still been playing, he'd have snagged that place up without a second thought.

Swervy

International Captain
Beleg said:
If it is the time for silly comparison's,

Here's my Pakistan/England mix 11.

1. Strauss
2. Trescothic
3. Vaughan
4. Inzamam
5. Youhana
6. Kamal
7. Flintoff
8. Jones/Akmal
9. Harmisson
10. Akhtar
11. Simon Jones

The only questionable choice probably is Kamal, but I believe him to be a better (or at least equal) batsman to Peiterson. If Graham Thorpe had still been playing, he'd have snagged that place up without a second thought.
I think time will tell that KP will emerge as a better batsman than Kamal..fact is, neither player is proven at test level

Beleg

International Regular
Who else do you think can be choosen?

Obviously both haven't yet been proven completely at test level (Peiterson even moreso than Kamal) but that doesn't negate the fact that both have the potential of being very successful.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kamal only averages a around 40 so that's nothing special, the ease in which KP has scored runs against even Australia suggests he is a bit special (even tho he's a nutcase, has shelled every catch in Test cricket that's come to him and goes the 6 or out route too early) and I'd certainly have him ahead of Kamal in a composite Pak/Eng XI.

Beleg

International Regular
Kamal is probably the only player in the world (who has played more than 10 tests) whose average isn't bloated by playing against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

Kamal's average against Australia stands at 48.5 from two innings, including a high-score of 87 IN Australia so the performance-of-Pieterson-against-Australia arguement is moot. (so far, in his six innings against the aussies, Pieterson has played failed and succeeded thrice each which is about even with Kamal's efforts against Australia)

He is also pretty good at playing spinners - as witnessed by the fact that he averages 50 against India playing inside the sub-continent. (from a comparatively substantial datapool of 5 matches)