• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predictions for England winter tours in IND & PAK

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
tooextracool said:
1)if steve waugh failed in the early part of his career, it doesnt mean that his temperament was poor
From what I can garner, Steve Waugh's problem in his youth was a lack of temperament, and it was only after he was dropped for his brother Mark that he says himself that he cut a lot of shots out of his armoury and became a much more restricted player stroke-wise, which also asks a lot more of your temperament. He was prone to rash shots and getting himself out, and the turning point was when he was dropped for his brother.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
tendulkar wouldnt score a run if jones and flintoff bowled the way they can as far as im concerned.the other 3 may, but it still wont change the fact that india wont manage to get big totals if england bowl as well as they can.
:laugh::lol::laugh: Quality entertainment here.

Ironically Tendulkar averages 87 runs @ home against England, with 2 100s and 4 50s and almost 72 in England with 4 100s and 4 50s. I am sure it is a clear indication that he can't bat against England, or may be English bowlers were not bowling at their best every time he scored.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well Sanz come next year it will be the first time Tendulkar will be facing a top quality English bowling attack so we will se how he fears....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
normally do on indian pitches?
gee when was the last time that happened?
AFAIC if india bat the best they can, they'd still wouldnt be posting 400+ scores when england bowl at their best..
Errr. Who cares if they scored 400+ or not. I remember Azhar, Sachin, Kambli, and Even Dasgupta sending the English bowlers on a major leather hunt in India, India has won 4 out of 6 tests in which SRT has played. It was only after the beating they got Hussain and Giles resorted to negative bowling. He still ended up scoring a century and 90 in remaning 3 innings. So take your crap somewhere else where people believe your kind of BS.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
well Sanz come next year it will be the first time Tendulkar will be facing a top quality English bowling attack so we will se how he fears....
Yes, we will see and that's what I am saying as opposed to some people who have already started saying that Indian batsmen are going to crap every time Freddie/Jones/Harmy start their runup.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
yes and this sums you up perfectly. havent watched a ball of the ashes and are trying to make it out as though australia have bowled better than england. australia bowled better than england for one test, england bowled better in the other 2. and of course since you havent been watching the ashes you wouldnt know that mcgraths 5/115 was arguably one of the worst spells hes bowled in his entire career, and all his wickets were pretty much on the slog. similarily jones bowled better in the 1st innings at edgbaston than almost anyone in the entire match, and yet his figures make it look like he barely troubled australia. but go on then, stats prove so much.
And if you are watching this series then you will notice that Mcgrath bowled one of the best spell of his career. He also bowled equally well in the 2nd innings. On the other hand Freddie was bowling like Lee in the Lords test. And English were bowling so well that they couldn't get australia out despite getting 100+ overs to bowl. If cMgrath/Warnie/Lee were in their place, they would have finished in under 90.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:

Ironically Tendulkar averages 87 runs @ home against England, with 2 100s and 4 50s and almost 72 in England with 4 100s and 4 50s. I am sure it is a clear indication that he can't bat against England, or may be English bowlers were not bowling at their best every time he scored.
but notice how cleverly he has worded it...

"tendulkar wouldnt score a run if jones and flintoff bowled the way they can as far as im concerned".the other 3 may, "but it still wont change the fact that india wont manage to get big totals if england bowl as well as they can".

if tendulkar/india scores well, he will say the pace attack did not bowl half as well as it could, the pitch was flat, the fielders were rubbish etc etc...if he doesn't, well that would turn out to be one accurate prediction wouldn't it...? covered from all angles....and see how he has stated something that might happen in the future as a fact...that too when very little of the current known facts support his statement....

"as far as i am concerned"...almost as if he is willing tendulkar and india to fail.... :D

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
tooextracool said:
normally do on indian pitches?
gee when was the last time that happened?
AFAIC if india bat the best they can, they'd still wouldnt be posting 400+ scores when england bowl at their best.

yes and this sums you up perfectly. havent watched a ball of the ashes and are trying to make it out as though australia have bowled better than england. australia bowled better than england for one test, england bowled better in the other 2. and of course since you havent been watching the ashes you wouldnt know that mcgraths 5/115 was arguably one of the worst spells hes bowled in his entire career, and all his wickets were pretty much on the slog. similarily jones bowled better in the 1st innings at edgbaston than almost anyone in the entire match, and yet his figures make it look like he barely troubled australia. but go on then, stats prove so much.

tendulkar wouldnt score a run if jones and flintoff bowled the way they can as far as im concerned.
the other 3 may, but it still wont change the fact that india wont manage to get big totals if england bowl as well as they can.
This is carrying it too far,mate... I don't think Jones and Flintoff can get Tendulkar out EVER if he bats the way he can.. All this talk is stupid. Tendulkar has handled Wasim and Waqar, Ambrose and Walsh, McGrath and Warne pretty well over the course of his career and there is no reason why he shouldn't be back to good form before March, so saying he CANNOT SCORE A RUN is way way way off the mark.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
This is carrying it too far,mate... I don't think Jones and Flintoff can get Tendulkar out EVER if he bats the way he can.. All this talk is stupid. Tendulkar has handled Wasim and Waqar, Ambrose and Walsh, McGrath and Warne pretty well over the course of his career and there is no reason why he shouldn't be back to good form before March, so saying he CANNOT SCORE A RUN is way way way off the mark.
didn't you ever see his old signature, mate? :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
honestbharani said:
This is carrying it too far,mate... I don't think Jones and Flintoff can get Tendulkar out EVER if he bats the way he can
I'm sure that if Vaughan can, then they could standing on their heads.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
I'm sure that if Vaughan can, then they could standing on their heads.
sure that is an extreme statement, but see the statement he was responding to:

"tendulkar wouldnt score a run if jones and flintoff bowled the way they can as far as im concerned."

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anil said:
sure that is an extreme statement, but see the statement he was responding to:

"tendulkar wouldnt score a run if jones and flintoff bowled the way they can as far as im concerned."
He's silly, we're not (much)

C_C

International Captain
tendulkar wouldnt score a run if jones and flintoff bowled the way they can as far as im concerned.
the other 3 may, but it still wont change the fact that india wont manage to get big totals if england bowl as well as they can.
So says the only person in the world who thinks Tendulkar is the most overrated batsman ever and Hick the most underrrated batsman ever.
8-) 8-)

tooextracool

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
From what I can garner, Steve Waugh's problem in his youth was a lack of temperament, and it was only after he was dropped for his brother Mark that he says himself that he cut a lot of shots out of his armoury and became a much more restricted player stroke-wise, which also asks a lot more of your temperament. He was prone to rash shots and getting himself out, and the turning point was when he was dropped for his brother.
always thought that the reason for his failures early on in his career was his inability to play the short ball. i think the fact that he cut the pull and hook shot from his armoury helped a fair bit.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:

oh wow, well done in completely missing the point. not once did i say that tendulkar couldnt play an england side from 10 years ago, i said that he would struggle to play flintoff and jones if they get the ball to reverse considering how much hes struggled against swing and seam.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
Errr. Who cares if they scored 400+ or not. I remember Azhar, Sachin, Kambli, and Even Dasgupta sending the English bowlers on a major leather hunt in India, India has won 4 out of 6 tests in which SRT has played. It was only after the beating they got Hussain and Giles resorted to negative bowling. He still ended up scoring a century and 90 in remaning 3 innings. So take your crap somewhere else where people believe your kind of BS.
the fact that the indian players have hit paul jarvis, defreitas, chris lewis, james ormond, matthew hoggard and flintoff when he was rubbish doesnt prove a thing.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
And if you are watching this series then you will notice that Mcgrath bowled one of the best spell of his career. He also bowled equally well in the 2nd innings. On the other hand Freddie was bowling like Lee in the Lords test..
yes, and if you had taken the effort to notice, you might have actually realised that mcgrath bowled far worse at Old trafford than flintoff did at Lords. Mcgrath bowled well in 2 innings of this series, Flintoff has bowled well in 4.

Sanz said:
And English were bowling so well that they couldn't get australia out despite getting 100+ overs to bowl. If cMgrath/Warnie/Lee were in their place, they would have finished in under 90.
yep, they would have probably lost the game in 90 overs, given the caning they got in both innings at Old trafford.

tooextracool

International Coach
honestbharani said:
he never actually got to face wasim or waqar in their prime, and he very very rarely got to face walsh,ambrose and mcgrath on seaming wickets.