• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - England, Argentina, Japan, Samoa, Chile

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weeman27bob

International Regular
Probably better for England that Argentina get the win in the event that we lose to Samoa.

But we really shouldn't lose based on today's showing.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Probably just a sign of the years slipping away with ever increasing rapidity, but really doesn't seem three years since Leali'ifano was turning out for the Wobblies.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Decent win that. Would be nice if Argentina had some more penetration in their attack. Matera and Kremer were immense though

ripper868

International Coach
That referee call at the end was a shocker. Looked like a certain try too
Not sure it's a shocker, 99/100 times the player catches that ball, he just got ahead of the play by 2 seconds unfortunately.

Was about his only blunder tbf I thought.

Shady Slim

International Coach
@GotSpin im not even being facetious here (because usually if i tag you in a post it would be to call you a goon, and, viceversa, tbf) [put another way, this post is earnest and genuinely curious]

you seem to be pretty enamoured with all things argentina, is there any reason in particular why? seen you talk about the country and time you’ve spent there across various threads

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
@GotSpin im not even being facetious here (because usually if i tag you in a post it would be to call you a goon, and, viceversa, tbf) [put another way, this post is earnest and genuinely curious]

you seem to be pretty enamoured with all things argentina, is there any reason in particular why? seen you talk about the country and time you’ve spent there across various threads
Yeah fair enough question

My misso is from Argentina. Although we do live in Sydney at the moment we tend to visit every year for at least a month

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pretty sure Smith, M could've scored there if he'd gone himself.

Dire ball to Malins who had a walk in any road.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voodoo Chile making some serious yards through our guts.

Worrying signs given Farrell and Lawrence are both reputedly solid defensively.

They're no mugs, yer Chilistanians.

Ali TT

International Regular
Voodoo Chile making some serious yards through our guts.

Worrying signs given Farrell and Lawrence are both reputedly solid defensively.

They're no mugs, yer Chilistanians.
England obviously have got over the early silliness and are now providing more grist for Molehill's mill.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
England obviously have got over the early silliness and are now providing more grist for Molehill's mill.
Yeah, I did rather apply the mockers there, didn't I? They kept us scoreless for the first quarter, anyway.

Five tries for Arundel is nice to see.

Molehill

International Captain
Portugal have been the only side to have pleasantly surprised from the lower ranks. When you're conceding 70 points to the England reserves who aren't exactly renowned for scoring tries, it shows your limitations.

Slightly concerned that it seems to have thrown Farrell up in a good light now and people are talking about how to get him into the team for the QF. The answer is to stick him on the bench obviously where he can cover 3 positions.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Am I the only one with a niggling suspicion that Argentina might not survive the group stage?