• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - England, Argentina, Japan, Samoa, Chile

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Molehill

International Captain
2 game ban for Curry. Still have no idea how Kriel avoided any sanctions, can they not even cite after the match now? Hopefully Curry can play all of the Samoa game and then be in a good place for the knockouts.

Ali TT

International Regular
Yellow cards for the Chile player due to a shoulder to head in the collision. An instantaneous decision by the TMO. So if that's so clear cut how have others been missed in earlier matches?

Ali TT

International Regular
Jesus Jonny. Both cynical and pointless.

Likely cost us 3 points too. Yup. 10-9. Fair reflection.
Summed up the half, poor from both sides generally. Poor ball management by England, daft game management by the Blossoms (like that last premature clearance that gave England another lineout before the half that then led to 3).

Ali TT

International Regular
Neither side can keep hold of the ball. Not sure if it's the humidity making it slippy or just that they're both a bit ****.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
First try we don't have to be slightly embarrassed about.

The lines we've run tonight have been awful; falling into the old NH habit of running at the man rather than the gap.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
England's hooker to the referee - 'Can I just say something?'
Referee to England's hooker - 'No'

One day all elite sport will be officiated as well as that.

Ali TT

International Regular
A strong last 20 as Japan faded, the backs finally getting a bit of joy. I'd have taken 34-12 at the start but the how was less impressive than the what.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So a win against Samoa or Chile definitely sees England in the quarter finals? I'm not sure that was widely predicted after we lost at home to Fiji.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Reading the comments is weird as I caught the game from about the 50th on and we played pretty well in what were obviously tough conditions. Smith surprisingly adept in his brief role as a 15.

Can't speak to the first 50 of course, but been a better start to the tournament than expected.

Ali TT

International Regular
Reading the comments is weird as I caught the game from about the 50th on and we played pretty well in what were obviously tough conditions. Smith surprisingly adept in his brief role as a 15.

Can't speak to the first 50 of course, but been a better start to the tournament than expected.
Lots of silly mistakes, far too much kicking and no real threat with ball in hand (barely any breaks through the gain line). It did improve after 50, helped by Japan beginning to tire.