• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool C - England, France, Argentina, United States, Tonga

Which 2 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals?

• Total voters

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reality is that Farrell would have been sent off 10 times if same rules were applied to him during his career

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pretty ugly game. But England convincingly the best side and easily outpacing the bookies line of 16.5 points despite the kicks

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hard to know exactly what to make of that.

Pack looks impressive and Ford's kicking from hand was always testing, but we probably didn't make as many clean breaks as we should've against 14.

Billy V going off however precautionary it's supposed to be, is a worry too.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I’m seeing a lot of ‘game over early’ comments here and elsewhere that the red meant game over. Think it’s worth staying that Elliot Daly was sent off after five minutes against Argentina in 2017. England won comfortably.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
If only Argentina had made the quarters. :down: They really should have knocked off France when they had the chance. Anyway. well done England and the northern hemisphere so far

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I’m seeing a lot of ‘game over early’ comments here and elsewhere that the red meant game over. Think it’s worth staying that Elliot Daly was sent off after five minutes against Argentina in 2017. England won comfortably.
Well done to the 2017 England team, but 14 vs 15 from early on is a monumentally difficult task when two teams are somewhat evenly matched, particularly in 27 degree heat and humidity.

Not even saying it was the wrong call. It's just that is makes the match significantly less competitive.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Argentina cant compete for 60 minutes a player down...England can

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think it's our tenth win on the bounce against the Pumas. England were always favourites but it's very obviously easier to play against fourteen men.

It was a red for me. A shoulder to the head is always a bad look. Didn't look as meaty a hit as, say, SBW on Watson in the second Lions test, but there looked very little attempt to involve the arms and was over the shoulders, so no real arguments for my quid.

It's a pity for the contest, but a ref can't overlook an obvious red because of that.

ripper868

International Coach
Contender for try of the tournament from Tonga.

France having led 10-0 after 8 mins now in a fight, 17-14 at 50mins.

ripper868

International Coach
Great escape for France there. Tonga discipline early in 2nd half cost them the match in the end. If only Tonga secured ball from that last kick off it would have been a thrilling finish