• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool B - South Africa, Ireland, Scotland, Tonga, Romania

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The big moment was the counter-ruck leading to a turnover and 3 points at 70 mins. I didn’t think we had that in us, our pack had looked so badly on the ropes at the time. Probably worked because it surprised South Africa too.

ripper868

International Coach
Try time.

The 3 Kiwis (Aki, Lowe, and G-Park) set up Hansen the Aussie.
Still baffles me how Mack managed to go From a 'fringeish' Brisbane Prem Player at Jeeps to starting winger on the #1 team in the world, without playing Super Rugby at all.

ripper868

International Coach
Ha, quite right, 3 years I'm fact...shows how closely I've followed the comp since I moved over here.

Still criminal that we just let him slip tbh!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Great game. Lack of kicker coming home to roost for SA. Losing Marx was terrible but getting Pollard back into the squad for knock out stages may be crucial. It will be interesting if they try play both Libbock and Pollard?!

Dendarii

International Debutant
Lack of kicker coming home to roost for SA.
Although you do have to question the wisdom of those two long range kicks. It's obviously easy to say in hindsight, but it probably would have been better to kick for touch and try to get in a better position to score points rather than take the chance with the kicks.
It will be interesting if they try play both Libbock and Pollard?!
I think that might be the way to go. Pollard plays like a centre at times, so I don't think he'd have any difficulty slotting in there, and it means that we don't lose what Libbok offers on attack.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still baffles me how Mack managed to go From a 'fringeish' Brisbane Prem Player at Jeeps to starting winger on the #1 team in the world, without playing Super Rugby at all.
He was pretty much instantly this good when he arrived at Connacht too, there wasn’t any development period. From here it looks like Australian rugby screwed up.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Although you do have to question the wisdom of those two long range kicks. It's obviously easy to say in hindsight, but it probably would have been better to kick for touch and try to get in a better position to score points rather than take the chance with the kicks.

I think that might be the way to go. Pollard plays like a centre at times, so I don't think he'd have any difficulty slotting in there, and it means that we don't lose what Libbok offers on attack.
The question is will they drop de allende? Even though I would prefer Esterhuizen at 12 as well.

Dendarii

International Debutant
The question is will they drop de allende? Even though I would prefer Esterhuizen at 12 as well.
It's a tricky one. De Allende does what he does really well, and it's definitely part of the gameplan to have him take the crash ball as he does make a lot of ground that way. But he is a bit of a one trick pony, so maybe moving on from him is what's needed. Whether they'll do it or not is another matter.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Scoring fewer points than Ireland in a game where you play against Ireland is likely to be of particular significance
I would not be surprised if we beat Ireland and still finish 3rd.

Lovely try from Darcey Graham to finish it.