• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool B - South Africa, Ireland, Scotland, Tonga, Romania

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ripper868

International Coach
yep, definitely blew it, was a neatly worked play though.

it's been a physical game, but still pretty scrappy and very stop start.

Scotland need to find a way to get more ball and territory

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Butchering overlaps is next only to crooked feeds and the not calling thereof in my "things that annoy me about rugby" chart.

Although this new and entirely wrongheaded refereeing of the outcome of tackles rather than the intent is a quick climber.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Scotland just smashed the bejesus out of a Springbok scrum, so tick that off as one of the known seven trumpets.

ripper868

International Coach
South Africa have been very good defensively, Scotland are turning into Argentina from last night at the moment though, seem clueless

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Referee has been poor. South Africa taking loads of liberties at the breakdown and not being pinged for it.

Heboric

International Debutant
Yes its happening again, 7 - 1 split for the game against Ireland

15 Damian Willemse, 14 Kurt-Lee Arendse, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Cheslin Kolbe, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Jasper Wiese, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Steven Kitshoff

Substitutes: 16 Deon Fourie, 17 Ox Nche, 18 Trevor Nyakane, 19, Jean Kleyn, 20 RG Snyman, 21 Marco van Staden, 22 Kwagga Smith, 23 Cobus Reinach

ripper868

International Coach
Spirit of Cricket etc.

I've got no issues with how a team stacks it's bench, if you've got a player like Reinach who can cover 9,10, 11,14,15, then why not. I'm sure Kwagga Smith would do a job at 12/13 if needed as well.

Going to be a great game.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Spirit of Cricket etc.

I've got no issues with how a team stacks it's bench, if you've got a player like Reinach who can cover 9,10, 11,14,15, then why not. I'm sure Kwagga Smith would do a job at 12/13 if needed as well.

I have noticed these sort of innovations only become a problem to some when a team is successful. I think there is a lot of envy from some parts of the world about the physicality of the Boks Bomb Squad

Molehill

International Captain
Spirit of Cricket etc.

They can do what they like, but if they do get a couple of injuries in the backs, I'm pretty certain a team like Ireland will be good enough to expose a back row playing in the centre. It's a risky strategy if you ask me.