• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player You'd Like To See Play More Cricket

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Not everyone's favourite player gets picked for their respective international teams, so who would you like to see represent their country more often?

Criteria:

*Must of already played international cricket
*Please state what mode of cricket
*Please state why

Shahid Afridi: I was just looking through his stats and he is quite good in the Test arena. His average is 5 runs better than Flintoff, but his bowling is negated in the tes arena similar to that of Collingwood's. Add to the fact that he can play a Gilchrist type role, he is quite dangerous. I don't know too much about the regulars in the Pakistani team, but it would be interesting to see who could make way for him. Only 26 tests.

JJ van der Wath: he's only played in two series IIRC; CB series in Aus and the 434 series in SA. Could be another Klusener for SA and definetly warrants another shot.

Sajid Mahmood: flame me, but I think he should at least get a prolonged run in the test team. I think he provides more attacking options than Plunkett and Anderson

Xuhaib

International Coach
Mohd Sami:ph34r:

On a serious note Damian Fleming should have played more and what happened to Balaji

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Its a bit hard to establish in my criteria, but I think the nomination of RTD is void consdiering that he has (since his eligibility to play for Holland) and will play all their games unless Essex gets in the way. If that makes sense.

pasag

RTDAS
Its a bit hard to establish in my criteria, but I think the nomination of RTD is void consdiering that he has (since his eligibility to play for Holland) and will play all their games unless Essex gets in the way. If that makes sense.
Indeed, however I'd like to see more of them playing, regardless of the level. As in actually seeing/watching it, although I acknowledge that's not what you're asking for here.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Devon Smith
Salman Butt
Suresh Raina
James Anderson (tests)
Ryan Sidebottom (ODI's)
Ben Hilfenhaus
Malinga Bandara

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
On a serious note Damian Fleming should have played more and what happened to Balaji
Fleming suffered (as with McDermott, Reid, Hughes to an extent, Reiffel and, early on, Gillespie) with injuries and Balaji... well, he just bowled himself out of international cricket not so long ago.

Whether he will return we wait to see, but being India you'd certainly not rule it out.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bond. Shane Bond.

Both forms, but especially Tests.

Because he's great to watch, and it would answer the question, like with Ian Bishop, as to whether he could have been an all timer, or would simply have been very, very good.

Galactic_Soap

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I would have loved to see the Brett Schultz, Alan Donald partnership come to fruition...Out of the current lot:

Jeetan Patel
Peter Fulton in tests
Johan Van De Wath
Salman Butt
Ben Hilfenhaus