• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Why not donate the money to his junior club as well? No idea how much is left in the fund but if it helps buy a couple of new cricket balls or a pair of communal pads for some of the kids now playing the game then I reckon that's the most appropriate thing you could do with the money.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Sorry for the delayed response guys, been getting over the man flu.

We received a total of $490.65 in donations and spent $204 on the banners leaving us a total donation amount of $286.65.

I quite like Furball's and Smudge's idea of donating it to his junior club so it can go towards youngsters cricket balls, pads, and other cricket equipment, etc.

What's the plan with the banner also? Shall I ask the local club about sending them it or....?

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've just sent an email to all the people who contributed advising them to check this thread to offer up suggestions also.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
What's the plan with the banner also? Shall I ask the local club about sending them it or....?
My suggestion was to send the banner to his old club. Furball had the idea about donating the cash to the club. I think that makes sense.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've just created a poll for people to vote on where they'd like the money to go and based on the result, that is what will happen.

The poll is open for 10 days.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Great idea for the poll James.

I'm in favour of donating the cash and the flag to his junior club.........as I suspect the money will go further for them and will also mean more (with the flag) on a personal level.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've heard back already from Thomas :)

Hi James,

Thank you for your generosity. It's been a tough time for our club, lots of very upset young cricketers.

Thanks also for the banner it looks really good, the kids will love it. When cricket starts up again I will send you a photo of it with all the kids.

Regards
Tom
I'll post a screen-print of the payment when I put it through.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This is amazing. The banner will serve to motivate young cricketers. Lovely really.

Last edited: