• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Overrated Bowlers

Mirror kissing part time crap guitarist Brett Lee strikes me as the Mark Phillippoussis of cricket - four thousand kmph delivery, no results and a very spacious trophy cabinet.

Scallywag

Banned
Pinkline Jones said:
Mirror kissing part time crap guitarist Brett Lee strikes me as the Mark Phillippoussis of cricket - four thousand kmph delivery, no results and a very spacious trophy cabinet.
You forgot healthy bank account, pick of the ladies, and world travel paid for by CA.

I bet you would love to be him if you were game to admit it.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IMO Flintoff is the most overated overhyped cricketer of all time ...

so suppose I would have to suggest his bowling as overated

Scallywag,

On the contrary - Lee and other try hards with would be extremely envious of MY own lofty position as Australia's Leading Social Commentator and Expert on Picking Up Chicks Who Have More than Three Teeth. And give me a break, Lee has no more a mortgage on "pick of the ladies" as does a ********, flatulent, failed pamphlet distributor with a bad haircut, sifting through the leftovers waddling their cellulite arses out of their plodding clubs on bingo night. And take off your coke bottle lenses - Lee is no oil painting - he's a befuddled looking bowlo ball-swinging tousled blonde balatron. But don't get me wrong, I think he fits into most Australian Test sides on that basis.

Scallywag

Banned
Looks like I'm a pretty good social commentator aswell, I picked you as not being game to admit it.

Never mind I'm sure you score well at bingo.

Scallywag,

Have you been drinking? You couldn't social commentate a race between a pair of number twos down a dunny bowl. Give it up.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
With people putting Brett Lee down so much i think he is no longer in the overated class, but the underated class. For me i think Pollock is slightly the most overated bowler. I think he had an ok series aganist England, but i that's probably cus he got to bowl to Flintoff, who can't play bowler of any class in test cricket.

Stumped342

Cricket Spectator
Pinkline Jones said:
:laughing:

C_C

International Captain
I dont think Pollock is overrated.
True, he is declining but most pacers do,given the age of Shaun.

I would say these are the overrated bowlers IMO:

Brett Lee
Mohammed Sami(he was supposed to be the next pak lightning)
Harmison ( minnow basher but so far a flop against any quality batting attack he has played)
Harbhajan - he is a class bowler but he really needs to fire outside IND if he is to be considered great......Kumble has started to fire in the last few years.

Stumped342

Cricket Spectator
C_C said:

I would say these are the overrated bowlers IMO:

Brett Lee
Mohammed Sami(he was supposed to be the next pak lightning)
Harmison ( minnow basher but so far a flop against any quality batting attack he has played)
Harbhajan - he is a class bowler but he really needs to fire outside IND if he is to be considered great......Kumble has started to fire in the last few years.
True :)

Choora

State Regular
amokk1 said:
Shoaib Aktar. He is very over rated. All talk, no action, plenty of injuries.
There is alot of action when Akhtar plays cricket, even a blind man can notice that.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
C_C said:

Cant agree there. If he bowled the same vs SA as he did vs WI and NZ and got thumped then ok. But he is clearly not bowling the same lines and lengths this tour as he had the previous 18 months. So the quality of batting faced has nothing to do with his loss of form in this instance.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SpaceMonkey said:
Cant agree there. If he bowled the same vs SA as he did vs WI and NZ and got thumped then ok. But he is clearly not bowling the same lines and lengths this tour as he had the previous 18 months. So the quality of batting faced has nothing to do with his loss of form in this instance.
He has bowled badly against a better team than the two mentioned though, whatever the excuse. Why isn't he bowling as well?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Son Of Coco said:
He has bowled badly against a better team than the two mentioned though, whatever the excuse. Why isn't he bowling as well?
Dunno take your pick. Out of form? Lacking confidence? Homesick?
They'll all been mentioned. Maybe it was just a fluke that he put the ball in the right place for those 18 months. Who knows. But i wont give up on him till ive seen him bowl like he did in 2004 and then not get wickets :)

amokk1

U19 12th Man
Choora said:
There is alot of action when Akhtar plays cricket, even a blind man can notice that.
No, I'm sorry. A Blind can't notice that. I present you the truth, not sarcasm.

Also, I think more action happens not on screen, but off screen. Aktar needs to be dropped and send back to Grade cricket where he can spend his entire life trying to break all speed records. He is just like Brett Lee, highly over rated.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Shoaib is definently unfit and not a team player but overated i don't think so. His record is second to now, well maybe Mcgarth, Warne and Murali are better.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Harmison and Flintoff have been hyped up heavily, but I still believe the both of them are talented. The Ashes series will be the major factor as to whether they are overrated or world class, or somewhere in between.