• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Our time will come - Chak De Indiaaaaa

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol what did you do when we won the T20 WC later the same year?:p
Haha interesting story actually. I had a school cricket game that day. Took it as my responsibility to win my school the game, truly believing that it would lead to India winning the cup. And so it happened. I still remember padded up, waiting for my turn to bat at number 3. And everyone was on their cell phones trying to keep up with the live score. It was an amazing day. Came back and watched the entire match as my mom had recorded it for me. Despite it not being live, when Sreesanth took that last catch, my shirt came off as I started punching the air and running around the entire house.

But I still remember the most over the top, crazy I've been was when we came from behind and defeated Australia in the semi final. I was 16, young blood, hot headed, and a very strong hatred for the Australian cricket team. I still remember the scenes, I was out of control. Similar to how I was when Canada beat the US in last year's gold medal hockey game in overtime at the winter olympics. Pretty much all that combined into one. :cool:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
If our team is ever in trouble, or we need a miracle to accomplish the impossible, come to this thread. This thread will act as the voice of a billion people, hand in hand, echoing loud and clear in our hearts will be our national anthem. Every prayer and every wish of ours will come true with this thread. Let it be one for good luck, for each time we need it. Because I say to you all, there isn't just 11 people on the pitch winning India the cup, but also the efforts and prayers of each and every fan yelling to the world; CHAKKKK DEEEEEEE INDIAAAAAAAAA. Say it loud, say it clear!!
With the big game just a few hours away, this thread needed a revival. C'mon let's get behind our boys, here's for hoping they bring home the glory. We can do this!

Also I urge each and every Indian supporter on this forum to add the following line in their signature for tomorrow's game as a token for good luck - "Chak de India"

:)

Last edited:

0RI0N

State 12th Man
India will win tomorrow. Quite covincingly. Guaranteed.
After that, India's tournament and dream will end in the Northern Indian city of Mohali...

smash84

The Tiger King
somehow I get a strong feeling that Aus will win the QF and then beat the **** out of Pakistan in the SF

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I cannot fathom India not winning on this evening we have tonight. Vishnu will provide and uphold.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
If India survives today, will be crushed by Pakistan. Cannot see any other team as strong as them at the moment. Give a pitch with a bit on it for them, their bowling machine destroys anybody.

salman85

International Debutant
I don't see Pakistan crushing India.I think we'll win,but after a very close match.I think the toss could be crucial.I don't see either team handling the pressure of chasing.Regardless of each team's strengths and weaknesses,the pressure of chasing would be insane.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
I don't see Pakistan crushing India.I think we'll win,but after a very close match.I think the toss could be crucial.I don't see either team handling the pressure of chasing.Regardless of each team's strengths and weaknesses,the pressure of chasing would be insane.
that holds especially true for Pakistan.....our record of chasing in crunch matches is terrible....probably the worst of all major teams