• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympics - does anyone actually care anymore?

Flem274*

123/5
watched the running ski with guns thing the other night, the mixed relay.

was really into it by the end. making people kill themselves running uphill in the snow in skis then shoot guns and reload one bullet at a time if they miss is genius.

the only downer was ****ing norway won. booooo. was gunning for the warm countries. the end was intense, i can't believe norway got back in it.

Flem274*

123/5
I've said this before but I really believe that we've reached an obsession with hypocrisy in our general social discourse that has long since departed the realm of rationality and has long become totally disconnected from any semblance of right and wrong. We seem to have elevated it to the level of a mortal sin when generally it's mildly embarrassing at worst; it's probably because it's the cheapest and easiest gotcha available for everyone to grab at in the social media age.
this is all true and yet, morally grey characters in media may never have been more popular.

someone could probably psycho-analyse this.

weeman27bob

International Regular

was really into it by the end. making people kill themselves running uphill in the snow in skis then shoot guns and reload one bullet at a time if they miss is genius.

the only downer was ****ing norway won. booooo. was gunning for the warm countries. the end was intense, i can't believe norway got back in it.
Some of the biathletes are nuts - they can have a resting heart rate less than 30 BPM.

Mixed gender relays are some of the best events in the olympics in general. There was some short track speed skating relays yesterday that were ridiculous.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't get the newer trick events. Doesn't help we have a pair of commentators who shout like nutters all the time too.

Anyway important stuff later with the curling mixed semi finals and GB playing Norway who we beat in the round robin.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

regret to inform that only the relay has the reload if they miss gimmick

weeman27bob

International Regular
Team GB's medal hopes not looking great, so far we've had

• Mixed doubles curlers, who are the current world champions, finish 4th
  • Charlotte Bankes, world champion in snowboard cross, knocked out in the quarter-finals by a really tight margin
  • Katie Ormerod, 2020 winner of the overall world cup in snowboard slopestyle, not making the final
Pretty much leaves men's bobsleigh and the remaining curling as decent hopes for a medal.