• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Yorkshire CCC racism crisis thread

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
You are sprouting rubbish ... just as you did with your tediously boring comments about Ben Stokes. If you believe only half of the rubbish you post then you are totally irrational, biased and Anglophobic.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Ben Stokes is a New Zealander* ffs. What are you on about?

*who should be in a 6x8 foot cell in Pentonville Road Gaol.
And if he was playing for NZ you wouldn't make such statements.
You are ignoring the fact that a jury found him not guilty and that evidence was given that one of the 'victims' armed himself with a bottle.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Of course I would make the same statements about him. This is an outrageous slur.

The man is a violent thug. It's an absolute miracle he was acquitted, and had he been some other soulless, random ranga with a face which haunts houses instead of a sporting celeb he'd have done time. FMD look at the standard of policing involved here - they didn't even charge Hales from the same incident and he literally sank the slipper into a bloke lying on the deck.

_Ed_

Of course I would make the same statements about him. This is an outrageous slur.

The man is a violent thug. It's an absolute miracle he was acquitted, and had he been some other soulless, random ranga with a face which haunts houses instead of a sporting celeb he'd have done time. FMD look at the standard of policing involved here - they didn't even charge Hales from the same incident and he literally sank the slipper into a bloke lying on the deck.
Inclined to agree with this, and the country they represent doesn't come into it - I (quite rightly, IMO) take every opportunity to say something disparaging about Scott Kuggeleijn.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Inclined to agree with this, and the country they represent doesn't come into it - I (quite rightly, IMO) take every opportunity to say something disparaging about Scott Kuggeleijn.
The fact that man is ever in contention for any serious sporting honours (even playing for his local club!) is horrendous on every level... now there is a man who belonged in jail.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year

Don't blame the police. Stokes and the 'victims' were charged with affray. The prosecution should have looked at a charge of assault - especially regarding Hales. However, because one of the 'victims' was armed with a bottle a plea of self-defence would, according to the judiciary, have been accepted.
I haven't been on CW for long enough, but were you making similar statements/comments about another "violent thug" when Warner punched Root?

Spikey

tbf, they probably needed to hire a York legend in a figurehead spot

i assume that the coaching department and all that will be restructured and that the sacked coaches will be allowed to re-apply