• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final at The Oval – June 7–11, 2023

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I'm going to days 2 and 3 of this. I'm still unsure of who to support - which team losing would be funnier?
A tie if that's even allowed.

Less than 200 scored in the entire test and all run outs would be my ideal scorecard.

All seriousness though if there wasn't an Ashes right round the corner I'd want India to lose every day of the week.

So India to win if a tie isn't possible.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
The result in itself wouldn’t be funny

Always aim for maximum waahhh as a neutral

Kohli nicking for blobs to first slip and dropping any that come his way, Starc and Lyon getting pummeled, another coach sacking for Australia, etc
2008 style race row to bring the entire WTC onto disrepute?

Burgey

Couple of weeks out and it’s like ten days between posts for this game. Says a bit about how the match is regarded I suppose

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Not sure about other people, but I'm really excited about it. There hasn't been much proper cricket happening so I think many of us have been absent here, but hopefully this will be a good one.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's not been much news so not much to talk about it. I'm looking forward to it more than the Ashes, mostly because I think we have a bigger chance of winning.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
The only real news would be Australia finally naming the maximum 15 man squad allowed by Sunday 28 May (instead of current 17 man squad)

At least we'll get to see what selectors pecking order is

I'm thinking it's pretty easy, Hazlewood and Marsh now under injury cloud so leave them out. They would then need to bring Neser in to cover so have him replace Harris (as Renshaw better top 6 sub)

Last edited:

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
I just read the winner of the WTC Final gets $US1,600,000 (losers get $US800,000)

No wonder Warner won't retire until dropped. Where else to get that cash for a couple of balls faced ?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Daemon

Coz he was anyways a standby?
Young talented player in intense competition with other young talented players chose to get married over touring with the WTC winning team and learning from the best. Wasted opportunity.

Marriages have been statistically proven to reduce batting average the longer they go on so this is overall not a wise choice from him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Young talented player in intense competition with other young talented players chose to get married over touring with the WTC winning team and learning from the best. Wasted opportunity.

Marriages have been statistically proven to reduce batting average the longer they go on so this is overall not a wise choice from him.
Saved to be shared to future Mrs.Daemon

slippy888

International Captain

Is this gonna be our wicket keeper batsman for the world cup what sort of example is he going to these clubs.