• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Euro 2022 in England

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Germany-Spain is chaotic (a sentence very rarely typed in football threads...)

also apparently both teams are disregarding the weather at Brentford

Howe_zat

Audio File
You can get 80/1 on Northern Ireland tonight which has got to be the biggest odds I've seen for a tournament football match.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Welp.

What's the punishment for caring? Do I have to wear a white bodice and red skirt for the rest of this tourney?
If you accessorise properly I've no doubt you could totally pull that off.

Anyhoo, how you feel about golf? Your boy Hovland now joint leader at The Open. Is that any salve to the wound?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
^ so ofc Spain goes through.

fun first-half and then the second when Denmark really started to need a goal it got into NID territory

Howe_zat

Audio File
Other than Norway crashing out it looks like there's no deviation from the script across the group stage

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Georgia Stanway channelling her inner Bobby Charlton with that one. Good effort to hang in there and come back from being outplayed for most of the first 80 minutes. Well done the Lionesses.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Georgia Stanway channelling her inner Bobby Charlton with that one. Good effort to hang in there and come back from being outplayed for most of the first 80 minutes. Well done the Lionesses.
Yeah they were bloody awful for much of it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No pretence at any expertise from me, but, judging by the bookies who're generally pretty clued in, it looks like it's between yer Lionesses, Jerry (Jeraldine?) and Johnny (Jenny?) Frog.

Howe_zat

Audio File
No pretence at any expertise from me, but, judging by the bookies who're generally pretty clued in, it looks like it's between yer Lionesses, Jerry (Jeraldine?) and Johnny (Jenny?) Frog.
Yeah. Pre tournament there were 6 teams roughly even with Spain and France leading the field followed by Germany, England, Netherlands and Sweden.

Since then England have been playing first as hosts and winning so are usually in a better position than the rest, and their pasting of Norway (who started as a 'Argentina-in-the-rugby' level dark horse) took enough headline inches for the patriotic punts to start coming in.