• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Euro 2022 in England

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
there is an international tournament this summer :ph34r:

Group stage, 6-18 July
Group A: England, Norway, Austria, Northern Ireland (in Manchester, Southampton and Brighton)
Group B: Germany, Spain, Denmark, Finland (in MK and Brentford)
Group C: Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Portugal* (in Leigh Sports Village and Sheffield)
Group D: France, Italy, Belgium, Iceland (in Manchester City Sports Village and Rotherham)

* (replaced Russia due to Events)

QFs 20-23 July in Brighton (A1/B2), Brentford (A2/B1), Leigh Sports Village (C1/D2), Rotherham (D1/C2)
SFs 26-27 July in Sheffield and Milton Keynes
Final 31 July at Wembley

I had sorta planned to go but after discovering UEFA demands to know my passport ID before selling a ticket I'll give it a miss

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Is that purportedly to keep out known troublemakers? Load of ****e.
That's the only thing I can think about to reason for it, yeah. Our lower league away day travellers might be subject to something similar?

It's not been a news story or anything so I don't know the reasons I just discovered it when signing up for an account.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can see this generating a bit of hype here with Northern Ireland involved, especially when they play England. It's fallen at exactly the right time in the sporting calendar with not a lot else going on.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The odds lineup is very reminiscent of a cricket tournament, where there are half a dozen sides that can actually win it, a couple of dark horses and then quite a few making up the numbers.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I had hoped for something a bit more convincing from England but it sounds like a fairly comfortable win. Austria had just one shot on target I think.

Highlights on the BBC website ftr.