• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

tony p

First Class Debutant
Great to see, Nic is one of my favourite players, although 2-0-32-1 wasn't so good, but her team won anyway.

cnerd123

likes this
Great to see some FairBreak chat in here!

Been at the ground watching al the games live so far, apart from the first two days. Quality of cricket has been excellent. Lovely to see the Associates do well too, especially the HK girls.

mano 1522

Cricket Spectator
i really like the topic and discussion above....please dont compare men and women players ..both are good at there level

mano 1522

Cricket Spectator
There are many talented female cricketers who have played in various women's cricket leagues around the world. Some of the most prominent names in women's cricket include:

1. Ellyse Perry (Australia)
  2. Meg Lanning (Australia)
  3. Suzie Bates (New Zealand)
  4. Stafanie Taylor (West Indies)
  5. Smriti Mandhana (India)
  6. Alyssa Healy (Australia)
  7. Sophie Devine (New Zealand)
  8. Heather Knight (England)
  9. Harmanpreet Kaur (India)
  10. Chamari Atapattu (Sri Lanka)
These players have consistently performed at the highest level and have made significant contributions to their respective teams.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
i really like the topic and discussion above....please dont compare men and women players ..both are good at there level
This is a very valid point.
In another thread a member has posted their preference to watch women's international cricket but that is a personal view rather than an indication that one is better than the other.

Himannv

International Coach
Ashes are going to be interesting this year IMO. I still back Australia to win but I think England can compete if NSB and Ecclestone do well.

Molehill

International Captain
Ashes are going to be interesting this year IMO. I still back Australia to win but I think England can compete if NSB and Ecclestone do well.
I think England are going to struggle in the seam department. They have some talented youngsters in Wong and Bell but I think they're probably 4 years off their prime. Capsey (was good to see her soaking in knowledge from Lanning in the WPL) and Kemp are other guaranteed stars of the future, but it's just going to come too early for them.

Most likely outcome is Aus win the limited overs series 2-1 and the Test is a draw (coz it always is). But yeah, NSB is a potential match winner on her own and that's how I think England can win a couple of matches.

Molehill

International Captain
Just spent a very enjoyable couple of hours watching the Vipers v SE Stars at my local club, first ever professional game of cricket in the County apparently. 11 England players (including Dean and Dunkley) on show plus a decent Victorian in Nicole Faltum. Excellent turnout considering the11am start time on a week day. A fairly comfortable win for the Vipers who chased down 170 (should've been more like 200).
Vipers Falkland.jpgVipers Dean.jpgVipers Dunkley.jpg

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I think England are going to struggle in the seam department. They have some talented youngsters in Wong and Bell but I think they're probably 4 years off their prime. Capsey (was good to see her soaking in knowledge from Lanning in the WPL) and Kemp are other guaranteed stars of the future, but it's just going to come too early for them.

Most likely outcome is Aus win the limited overs series 2-1 and the Test is a draw (coz it always is). But yeah, NSB is a potential match winner on her own and that's how I think England can win a couple of matches.
With no KSB, our seam bowling looks a bit light. As you say Wong and Bell are very promising but they need to really hit their straps if we're to win.

The batting looks pretty solid - good mixture of youth and experience and we have good spin options.

Our fielding needs sharpening up - the Aussies are a cut above any other team and we will have to catch well to win

We've been found slightly wanting in recent tournaments- the Commonwealth games and WC but we have plenty of talent and whilst the Aussies are favourites, we're not without a chance.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I've been having a go at choosing the test side thing on the BBC site. It's really not easy! There are obvious matchwinners that are auto pics but there is a big pool of talented youngsters also.