• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Himannv

International Coach
Didn't know Aliya Riaz could bowl. Reasonably accurate seam-up stuff but not enough swing to pick up many wickets.

Himannv

International Coach
Spirit really messing up what should have been an easy chase. It's made for a really tight game though.

Himannv

International Coach
11 needed in the last over. Should be Mahroof on strike. She kind of just played herself in for most of the game but has really played some great shots in the death.

Himannv

International Coach
That's the best I've seen Mahroof play. She played some proper cricketing shots with sublime placement under pressure. Great knock! Wish she plays this way more often.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why didn't Carey bowl herself? Is she injured or something?
That's interesting, wasn't aware of any issues there.

Speaking of Carey, I was a bit confused by her decision to decline a Cricket Australia contract.

"Nicola Carey expressed a desire to spend the winter in Tasmania to allow her to utilise a full preseason at home, focusing on using that time to develop skills in her game to push for international selection in the future.

"We offered Nic a contract because we believe she is a player of international quality, but we respect her decision to focus on a pre-season program with Tasmania and will continue to support her moving forward."
Not sure why she couldn't do that with a contract?

Himannv

International Coach
Yeah, that's a weird one. I feel the underlying tone there is she isn't happy about not playing much even though she technically makes the squad. I could be completely off base though.