• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This first ODI isn't looking too good for us.

Athapaththu is class though, tbf.

_Ed_

She's destroying us - 100 up off 79 balls.

Fantastic player, but I wish she was doing it against someone else.

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
Embarrassing loss to Sri Lanka. Class from Chamari, though.

In other news, I'm having a bit of a laugh seeing NZC basically get called out in the article about the CA CEO's remarks about wanting all FMs to play a Test when touring Australia.

_Ed_

Legend.

She got out for 1 in today's milestone game, though. :(

_Ed_

A couple of days after our first loss to SL in any format, that was a pretty decent reply.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Embarrassing loss to Sri Lanka. Class from Chamari, though.

In other news, I'm having a bit of a laugh seeing NZC basically get called out in the article about the CA CEO's remarks about wanting all FMs to play a Test when touring Australia.
oh **** yea

we'll get reamed but women should be playing test cricket.

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
I'd love for the WFs to play a Test match. I'd happily turn up to watch them in person, whether home or away.

I sense the main reason NZC won't have them is financial - I suspect they fear having to host, & this is stopping them from even scheduling Tests away. Of course, this is part of a wider point about NZC & finances.

Personally, I'd love to see them play SA, India, even England (next year is a good time; the 20th anniversary of their last Test AND the first ever WT20I). I think it'd even be a good time for a new Trophy (Hockley-Edwards Trophy, anyone?). At this point, I wouldn't be a fan of playing Australia in a Test. Haven't even won a single ODI in the last 3 Rose Bowls. It'd be a savage mauling; no-one gains from that. Maybe win one of those first.

Last edited:

_Ed_

I love that Bernadine Bezuidenhout has made it back to international cricket after all she's been through with her health - it's an inspiring comeback, and I really want her to do well.

But unfortunately, in her nine innings since her recall (both white-ball formats), she's scored only 135 runs at an average of 15. I'm hoping she can turn things around.

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
I had a bit of a laugh hearing folks theorise that Eden Carson's 11th over was a cryptic protest against NZC not scheduling Tests. If that was so, then Bates & Kerr with their 50ish SRs must've been Part 2 of the protest.

I don't believe it myself, but I think it's pretty funny. It's something I'd do.

_Ed_

196 in 29 overs, apparently - a bit more in our favour than I was expecting.

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
An eminently winnable series could may well be lost because the WFs couldn't get rid of Chamari. It's honestly embarrassing.

Kasperek needs to come in for the T20s. Time for more experienced heads in general.