• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

91Jmay

International Coach
Yep his Day 2 spell was brilliant. Nice to see some good young players coming through. U19 team, players in this test match (also Joffra Archer who should be back on the Windies soon. Mega talent). Good to see.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Yep his Day 2 spell was brilliant. Nice to see some good young players coming through. U19 team, players in this test match (also Joffra Archer who should be back on the Windies soon. Mega talent). Good to see.
Yeah there is still talent for sure, I just hope the teams actuallty play some of the youngsters.

I've heard rumours that Jofra Archer is being sounded out by England already and that he is likely to choose that path for financial security reasons.

91Jmay

International Coach
That's a shame, he looks brilliant. Beautiful action, pace and seam movement. Can bat as well,scored a not out half century today along with other poached player Jordan.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
That's a shame, he looks brilliant. Beautiful action, pace and seam movement. Can bat as well,scored a not out half century today along with other poached player Jordan.
Barbados are producuing a huge amount of talent at the moment. Let's hope it's enough for both West Indies and England then :laugh:

a massive zebra

International Captain
Chandrika is just horrific.
Never a truer word spoken. It is quite embarrassing to see a player even close to this bad get a good trial for a major Test nation. I don't think he would hold down a regular place in any first division County Championship side. Glad to hear they have got rid of this joker.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i'd be very surprised if i ever saw chandrika bat again (assuming he is dropped)

nice knowin ya

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Joseph making his debut. Time to see what the hype is about.

Thank **** they're playing Johnson instead of Hope too.

Also India dropping Vijay is a massive WTF moment. As much as dropping Pujara for Sharma.....

EDIT: Forgot he didn't play in the Second Test. But still he should be your first opener picked IMO.....

Last edited:

Motorwada

Banned
This is so dumb. I just can't.
I think where Kohli is coming from. While Rohit/Dhawan are technically not as good as Pujara/Vijay they also can score really fast (if they do score). So the idea is to prolly make a lot of runs fast and bat for one innings so they have enough time to bowl them out twice.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think his changes to the bowling lineup were both probably wrong calls as well, although less obviously so.