• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a damn good day for the WI. Only 2 down and 1 of those was a wrong decision too.

I didn't expect the 5-fer because I didn't rate his bowling (still don't, though he did bowl beautifully at times) but if he can bat like that then his bowling doesn't even need to be that good.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's a damn good day for the WI. Only 2 down and 1 of those was a wrong decision too.

I didn't expect the 5-fer because I didn't rate his bowling (still don't, though he did bowl beautifully at times) but if he can bat like that then his bowling doesn't even need to be that good.
Yeah he's always been a batting allrounder. I hadn't seen a lot of him previously because he never plays limited overs games, but the hope was always that he'd justify his spot on batting alone and just offer balance to the attack with his bowling so they didn't have to push Holder up to 7.

Daemon

How was the bowling? Read that Yadav and Mishra were disappointing but the rest were fine.

Where's the 5 bowler brigade btw? Should we go six now?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
How was the bowling? Read that Yadav and Mishra were disappointing but the rest were fine.

Where's the 5 bowler brigade btw? Should we go six now?
I don't see what this result has to do with India picking 5 bowlers, they just didn't bowl well enough to bowl out a side who batting extremely well on the day. An extra batsmen would have added nothing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rain affected the result, bit stiff to blame the bowlers that much. WI just showed up for once it seems based on the highlights I watched.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Rain affected the result, bit stiff to blame the bowlers that much. WI just showed up for once it seems based on the highlights I watched.
Yeah the bowling was fine. It wasn't great but it was fine. It wasn't noticeably worse than what they sent down in the first innings.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, when you're not county standard what can you do against a world class test side.

Daemon

I don't see what this result has to do with India picking 5 bowlers, they just didn't bowl well enough to bowl out a side who batting extremely well on the day. An extra batsmen would have added nothing.
Exactly my point. We didn't bowl well enough (did alright tbf) to get them all out. It's almost always the case when teams score runs against us, rather than it being a case of not picking enough bowlers like people are always quick to blame.

vcs

Well done West Indies. From what I saw in the first session, there were two many boundary balls which made it impossible to build any pressure. TBF, Blackwood and Chase did a great job of putting them away. At the time, it felt irrelevant as we had a huge buffer to play with, but in hindsight, they should have tightened it up and tried to dry up the run-scoring at some point in proceedings.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I only just realised they actually got some play in this morning before the rain came -- only three overs, but that was enough to get Chandrika :lol:
Give Chandrika a chance. In the past 48 hours he has outscored Karunaratne, Hafeez and Burns combined.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Give Chandrika a chance. In the past 48 hours he has outscored Karunaratne, Hafeez and Burns combined.
:laugh:

They have replaced Chandrika with Shai Hope.

I seriously hope they are going to ask Leon Johnson to open the batting with Kraigg and not Shai. He is a potentially good middle order batsman who they are determined to ruin by forcing him to open. Leon Johnson can open instead.

Beamer

Today I managed to watch some more of the final day (thanks Sky Plus!). I must say Chase is the most technically classical West Indian right hander since Ramnaresh Sarwan. He has a very nice tehcnique and looks so languid at the crease. His off-spin action is also quite high and fairly classical.

I can't wait to watch more of him. He and Dowrich look the most technically capable of our batsmen tbh. I think they will both have decent test careers. Dowrich plays with lovely soft hands against the spinners, a skill not many of our young batsmen have.

Now for Shai Hope to start performing at the highest level and the Bajan takeover of our batting will be complete. It's usually a good sign if our batting lineup has a healthy amount of Bajans in it.

91Jmay

International Coach
Delighted for you Beamer, really excellent fight back. Respect to Holder as well for fighting hard, would have been easy to collapse after awful umpiring decision and use it as an excuse but he stood firm.

Beamer

Delighted for you Beamer, really excellent fight back. Respect to Holder as well for fighting hard, would have been easy to collapse after awful umpiring decision and use it as an excuse but he stood firm.
Cheers! :thumbup:

I was beginning to think we wouldn;t win a session in this series let alone bat that well on Day 5. There is still a long way to go to become a respectable test side but that days play at least gives us some hope that they youth first policy will prove successful eventually.

Holder has a lot of character that's for sure. I do feel he has to improve his bowling to be a real success at this level but his spell on Day 2 was excellent and hopefully he can build on that.