• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies Tour of the UK 2017

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know it's a bizarre thought, but imagine how soulless you must be to not be a Moeen Ali fan. Just so joyous in every way.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
This England ODI side is just too good for us. The batsmen keep coming at you and most of them hit it very cleanly. I can see us maybe getting a big score if Gayle or Lewis get going but no score will be enough because the bowling side selected for this ODI tour is absolutely abysmal.

In fact the side selected is flawed full stop. The bowling is abysmal with only one bowler capable of bowling yorkers (Taylor) and even he is so inconsistent. Cummins should never be in a ODI side, he doesn't bowl Yorkers at all in any format, only length. It's not his fault, just awful selection. He's keeping Alzarri out and I really don't understand why.

Also, we will never rack up big scores as long as Holder and Nurse are coming in at 7 and 8. Ambris has to come into the side to add another batsman. Powell bowled perfectly well and usually will as he's a solid, reliable medium pacer. Perfectly decent for ODI cricket.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Stokes arrested but not charged. Hales helping with investigations. Stokes apparently with a damaged hand.

So lets hope Stokes punched Hales.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can only assume the Australian government will not allow Ben Stokes to enter the country. Is ronnie irani still around?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
lol Stokes

Maybe he just got frustrated that he's on the verge of a ban, and can't use the f-word during a match

Last edited:

Hennybogan

U19 12th Man
He's going to be up on assault charges, other guy is in hospital. Technically if it was an Aussie trying to get into Britain ( visa) they'd be declined. That's happened to a few footy thugs.

morgieb

He's going to be up on assault charges, other guy is in hospital. Technically if it was an Aussie trying to get into Britain ( visa) they'd be declined. That's happened to a few footy thugs.
Those guys wanted to live in Britain though IIRC, a travelling visa is a bit different to a working visa. Whether the case will be different given Stokes is still under investigation though is another question.

Burgey

He won’t be if he’s in the jug. I suppose there will be cctv footage which might sort it out, but if the bloke’s in hospital and has serious injury it could be assault occasioning gbh (or your equivalent). That’s not a minor offence. At all.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
He's surely done as Vice-Captain even if it's relatively minor.

Seeing there's some reports that it may cost him his Ashes spot, would have to be a fair bit more to it than is already known for this to occur.