• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
A thread that basically says what it does on the tin - for discussion around the upcoming Test tour

Fixtures:
1st Test: July 8-12, Ageas Bowl, Southampton

2nd Test: July 16-20, Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester

3rd Test: July 24-28, Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester

West Indies squad: Jason Holder (c), Shane Dowrich (wk), Alzarri Joseph, Jermaine Blackwood, John Campbell, Kraigg Brathwaite, Shamarh Brooks, Nkrumah Bonner, Rahkeem Cornwall, Roston Chase, Chemar Holder, Shai Hope, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach

Last edited by a moderator:

Shady Slim

International Coach
west indies and england series have been really good of late so hopefully this windies team on the rise can continue that - staying up to follow holder's double ton or their absolute bludgeoning of england last time that they played was absolutely glorious

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks for heads up, so its stickied by admin? I thought I must be crazy and going right past the bottom to sticky the topic or something without even noticing.
Yes the admin do it, but as SCC says not sure it's quite official it will go ahead yet:)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It probably won't go ahead. But it's worth having a separate thread to follow developments up to its cancellation.

Beamer

It probably won't go ahead. But it's worth having a separate thread to follow developments up to its cancellation.
Why wouldn't it go ahead now that the Government have approved it and Cricket West Indies also? Is a second spike imminent?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Why wouldn't it go ahead now that the Government have approved it and Cricket West Indies also? Is a second spike imminent?
Of course it is. Easing the lockdown doesn't mean the virus has been eradicated, it just means there's plenty of room in ICU for the next wave.

JOJOXI

Of course it is. Easing the lockdown doesn't mean the virus has been eradicated, it just means there's plenty of room in ICU for the next wave.
I would say its likely if for no other reason then money within other sports. The Premier League (Englsh Football) is about to start up with money the primary reason, F1 likely to take place in the UK - on that basis as long as the plans for biosecure environment hold up to scrutiny I do not know how you could call of the test series given the West Indies as a region have had relatively few cases of coronavirus. The biggest fear is probably if there is a large spike that West Indies players pull out making the tour untenable but I still think a Test series is likely although not guaranteed to happen in some shape or form.

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
Great news. That and the football coming back, there’s something to look forward to finally.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I've added the proposed fixtures to the OP and stuck the thread.

Let's hope it all goes smoothly.